Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

how long should I expect to wait for free shipping from Hong Kong?

ixfd64

So I ordered a 405 nm laser from eBay on the 20th. As of this afternoon, it has not arrived yet.

From what I gather, delivery times of up to two weeks are not uncommon if the if the item is shipped overseas. It's also the holiday season right now, so that will probably add at least a few days. Plus, the shipping is free, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

That having been said, has anyone else ever ordered a laser from eBay with free shipping at this time of the year? If so, how long did it take to arrive?

For the record, I live in California.

Last edited:

To be honest, it seems hit or miss. I just recently ordered some handhelds, so I can't speak on those products. But I've ordered other things from sellers on eBay, that are in Asia, and I've gotten things as early as a week* before. So it's hit or miss. With holiday mailing over, 1 more week at most should be enough time for your package to get to you, I'd think.

Even if long wait it will be worth the wait as the laser will 99% be way over those "5mW" lol..