Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How is this possible without tritium?

Wicked lasers came out with this design a couple weeks ago and... I'm already in love :drool: The only thing is, I know they wont follow through with this because the tritium alone is $200+. Is there any way to get this affect without tritium?
Here is the pic:
scaled.php

I have to admit that it is a cool design and have no idea how they could do that with out tritium, probably gonna be real spendy.
Even says tritium on the pic.

Last edited:
It could be done with careful placement of LEDs and diffusers, but it would not be easy to manufacture.

Yeah, that is what I thought, I was hopefully going to have this made by someone on the form, this design is amazing!

Lase

Wouldn't running LED's take away from the output?

I saw this when they first posted it. It is a beautiful design. If they do make it I doubt there will be more than 10 of them built. And probably only for staff.

Lase

Not to mention the import problems it would face. Here in the US the exempt quantity of tritium is very, very small. IIRC you can't import more than 2" x 2mm in a sealed vial without a NRC license.

Wouldn't running LED's take away from the output?

I saw this when they first posted it. It is a beautiful design. If they do make it I doubt there will be more than 10 of them built. And probably only for staff.

Lase

It would use some power from the battery, but it wouldn't be significant compared to the power drain of the laser diode itself

joeyss

You could use a few Blu-ray LDs at low power and some kind of waveguide/fiberoptic or you make some kind of fiber couple that draws from the diode. My blu-ray pen has that as an on light.

ferd19

perhaps gitd vials of some sort. not tritium, but still visible and much cheaper

It could just be your average run of the mill gitd stuff. Nothing fancy except for the design, beautiful host IMO

Michael

Since wicked made it it might be the light radiating from a blown up diode :crackup:

I've always wanted to make a UV LED keychain with the LED blinking on for a few seconds every few hours to charge the GITD impregnated epoxy that it would be cast in.

I'm thinking they will end up using glow powder. Cheapest route.

Joe Mo

I honestly doubt wicked will make this, I think they are just showing a cool render for the noobs...

They put out tons of crap on their Facebook that never comes to fruition...

Bottom line: THIS DESIGN WILL NEVER HAPPEN, just watch.

Last edited: