Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How Does Getting Laser Eye Surgery Feel?

what does it feel like having that clamp holding your eyes opened. And are you able to see anything during the process? I don't want to see what the doctor is doing because I'm sure it'll scare me

The clamp hurts, but it is bearable. You can see, but everything is quite blurry. The suction ring puts pressure on the eye and your vision goes black for a moment. During the actual laser ablation I saw dim flashes of deep violet.

They explain everything to you before hand as well.

The actual Laser pulses don't hurt at all, but as Cyp said the clamp hurts. After the procedure it fells like you have sand in your eye for a while.

Plan B

My wife had laser surgery and her biggest complaint was the "sand in eye" feeling. She also had a very small amount of light sensitivity afterward. It only lasted for about a week and now her vision is just about perfect. She can see better then me now and I was told I have 20/20 vision at my last appointment. She would do it all again in a second and has no regrets. I don't think you will either.

Last edited:
The worst thing is the stink of fried chicken coming from your eyes, going down to nose...and you wont be able to see what they're cooking..

I had this surgery last year, but luckily I couldn't feel a thing. I was a bit scared though, but it went all fine and now I don't need glasses anymore yay!!!!! :drool:

Tux

They open your eye up with a can-opener device. I wonder that feels like?

YouTube - My Lasik Eye Surgery

My vision is pretty bad, but not to the point where I wear contacts though. Does laser eye surgery really make your vision 20/20.