Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do you guys handle money online? (while under 18)

GBD

Well, Ive been wanting to create some account for myself in order to buy/sell things online, as for now I was just using my parents and simply transfering my money to thier account when I buy stuff. Unless I misunderstood something, you cannot have a paypal account or the likes until you are 18 or over, yet I see people here and there who are under 18 and still do this.

Is there any methods to have an account for online transactions and be under 18? Do you guys just tie it to your bank accounts and create a paypal anyway?

Im fairly new to this stuff, so I would appreciate some pointers to the right direction and to how it all works.

Thank you.

GBD

So I can simply start a credit account with my bank, create a paypal account and the age wont be an issue with paypal? (I know its no problem for me to start a credit)

GBD

Hmm..

Well, thank you for your help, I will try it out and see where that takes me.

Firsh

Paypal asks for everything:D But they don't need confirmation. They just use very cleveer forms to minimise fake stuff. If I were to sign up for a US account I'd need to add my tel number but they'll know if I'm using the right area code for that zipcode, crazy..

I have a money card (USAA I believe) that isn't quite a credit card but works just like one. Basically allowance goes on there and any money I make, and if I get cash I just give it to my parents and they put the money on the card... So it's kind of like an gift card, that you can put more money on if you think about it. My PayPal account pulls from that, and I try to use it whenever possible.