Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do I verify my Evo Pro is 130mw?

I just bought it from craigslist. It's a wicked laser Evolution pro and was told it is 130mw. This is my first high power laser. The beam can be seen when inside my house even with lights on. Its not super bright but can be seen. It's still light out so I havent tested too much outside. What makes me nervous is they sell so many different ones of these. I got the original black box, laser, small WL book, and a pair of safety glasses. I was able to get electrical tape to smoke, but no holes through it. I haven't tried a balloon or a match.

On the sticker it says

Model EXE53201
manufacture date Sep 2009

<500mw 532cw

It looks just like this one Green Laser Pointer from Wicked Lasers - Evolution Pro Series

Pictures below

DSCN2492.jpg

DSCN2493.jpg

DSCN2494.jpg

DSCN2495.jpg

Last edited:

Usually if you pay shipping there and back, several vets will test the power of it for free.

I really hate to part with it since I just got it today. I dont care if it's less power, I would want some money back from that guy though if it is less.

Would it be typical for this not to cut through electrical tape? It will smoke pretty good, but I havent seen any holes. I held it in the same spot for 15 seconds or so.

I really hate to part with it since I just got it today. I dont care if it's less power, I would want some money back from that guy though if it is less.

Would it be typical for this not to cut through electrical tape? It will smoke pretty good, but I havent seen any holes. I held it in the same spot for 15 seconds or so.

anyone would! the answer is simply buy/build a lpm, or send it to a reputable member, or ...jsut wonder!

You applied stress/weight on the tape while cutting right? (like hanging the tape roll on a desk edge) I cut a tape in 40-50 seconds with my Evo Pro 130mW. Just saying... they'll only 'cut' when you have some sort of tension applied. The more tension the faster it will cut.

Truthfully... the only accurate way to measure its output is to buy/make your own LPM. ;)

EDIT: On used batteries... I did the cutting properly and cut the tape in 35 seconds. I'm going to assume it's around 30 seconds full power (when done correctly).

Last edited:
You applied stress/weight on the tape while cutting right? (like hanging the tape roll on a desk edge) I cut a tape in 40-50 seconds with my Evo Pro 130mW. Just saying... they'll only 'cut' when you have some sort of tension applied. The more tension the faster it will cut.

Truthfully... the only accurate way to measure its output is to buy/make your own LPM. ;)

No I just let it hang. I will apply some pressure and try again. I didnt buy it to burn. I just wanted something with a nice bright beam, but if it's less than that guy better give me some money back. Hopefully I get a response from WL. I am also trying to find someone in Metro Detroit to test this thing out. If anyone knows any vets that can test for me I would appreciate it. I searched for a few but didnt have any luck.

daguin, as well as others im sure, or as i said, i may not be a vet, i but i do not eff around and im sure your pointer is well within the 1050mW range of my laserbee.

Exerd

I can test it on a Laserbee. Ship it here and back and it's a done deal. I live in Illinois if it benefits you for shipping time.

I live in INDIANA, if that's any closer for you. I have a LASERBEE also. Just pay S&H here & back.............

Ref

Unless it was removed, theres a thread somewhere that had a bunch of members who have LPMs, what type, and where they are located, but I cant seem to find it.

*searches more..*

Ash

Well. From looking at the member map. Kiyoukan lives near Detroit. You could try to PM him and see if he has a LPM you can test your laser on.

Ref

Couldnt find it. I did find another thread that said it died, however. Go with Ash' suggestion. :p