Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

how do i get more MA's?

L

likewhat

More MegaAmps? You will probably have to add many stages of capacitors and pulse compression in order to get several MegaAmps.

if your trying to add ma to anything, hook batteries in parallel.

I'm assuming your not using this for a laser diode.

get a bigger power supply to get more amp power.

lets say have 12 volts(2 cells in series), if you want to get more current, hook there Positives and negatives together.

I don't know you too well, but I should mention anyway that you can't hook them both ways at the same time or you will have a short circuit. ;D

if your trying to run a device that requires(lets say about) 500ma. And you have a Battery that is rated at 500mah, then your device will run for about an hour. If you switch the battery to one that is rated at 1000mah, then your device will run for 2 hours.

its something useful to know when modifying battery packs ;)

toked323 said:
how do i get more MA's? do i add a battery and drrop voltage?

So exactly what are you trying to do?
You said it's a GB diode, what sort of driver are you using?
What batteries are you using?
At what current is it presently running?
At what current do you wish to run it?
What battery runtime are you looking for?
Rechargable or no?

That's my 7 ?s, sorry I couldn't make it to 20. ;)
Just a bit of info and you'll be sure to get some good help/advice.

Kenom

toked. either you been smokin too much.. hehe or you really need to explain what your doing. components. straignt batteries to diode, resistors you've used and how, capaitors used and how. It's impossible for us to tell you what to do unless we understand what your doing. so far what we see is yoru doing this.... which is driving yoru diode straight off batteries. we aren't mind readers dude.

Attachments

• duh.JPG
    duh.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 122
sorry kenom, im using a 47uf capacitor and around 1.5ohms of resistance using a 2 AA battery pack

Gazoo

toked323 said:
i am using alkalines , i want 200mA's its currently taking in around 160mA's

Put your meter on the 10 amp scale and measure. With a 1.5 ohm resistor and fresh alkaline's, you should be in the area of 200ma's. Personally I hate alkaline batteries...they sag so fast it isn't funny. You would be much better off using three NIMH batteries.

yea thanks gazoo i have a 3 batt holder from my dorcy if i put alkis and a big resistor will that work?

Gazoo

That holder holds AAA batteries...correct? You will still run into the problem of the batteries sagging. You will be much better off using NIMH batteries...they handle larger currents much better especially considering you have a AAA battery holder. I do not know off hand what size resistor you would need.

righit now im using 5 ohms its lasing its good but do i need certain matches?