Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do I build a laser?

Last edited:

That's a bit strong for my tastes. I was hoping to make something in the 200-300mW rage, but I cant find anything below a watt...

Wait, the first laser in the second link, would I be able to modify the module to a lower power?
Also (may be a dumb question) how do I get the discount code?

Last edited:
That's a bit strong for my tastes. I was hoping to make something in the 200-300mW rage, but I cant find anything below a watt...

Wait, the first laser in the second link, would I be able to modify the module to a lower power?

Use the LPF445 discount code on checkout :yh:

I think the kit I linked to contains the same diode/driver you linked to earlier. You would lower the power through the driver, but I'm not sure what the minimum mA it takes to make the 445nm's lase. PM Garoq (Gary) or contact him through the SL site.

I'm pretty sure the code is in the thread I linked, is it not?

Glenn

Last edited:
I lased mine at 395mA to get about 250mw according to the power charts. Although I was using an A130 diode, so there may be a difference. I've also lased the same diode with 119ma but it was VERY dim, like a LED'ed phr diode.

How exactly do you lower the power on it? Is it possible to make it easily changable?

I'm pretty sure I dont know enough about lasers to build one. Especially building a blue one for my first... Rather expensive mistake to make, eh? But there should be a single piece in the driver he supplies that I could change out for a lower power one.

I'll PM Garoq and see what he says...

I'm pretty sure I dont know enough about lasers to build one. Especially building a blue one for my first... Rather expensive mistake to make, eh? But there should be a single piece in the driver he supplies that I could change out for a lower power one.

I'll PM Garoq and see what he says...

It depends on what kind of driver he uses. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks, guys. I dont really want to burn anything, just have a bright laser... :lasergun:

Just a FYI for anyone thats curious, I got a reply from him, and he said:
Hi,

The easiest way to lower the power is to use a single fully charged 18650 battery instead of the two RCR123A batteries. The output power will be reduced to 100-300mW depending on the exact battery voltage.

Gary

A lot easier than I thought it would be. :D
Thanks to everybody and their helpfull advice/info!