Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

horrible spotting on O-like 150mW pen

I got my package today from Canada post 1 200mW green pointer (really powerful!) and a 150mW blueray pointer.

I turned on my blu-ray first. I burns like mad, but I noticed that there was a BIG black spot in the beam where no light was coming out. This looks like a damaged diode or something on the window. It burns well but the TEM looks like (CRAP!)

I tried cleaning it with Alcohol but nothing. This makes me REALLY MAD!
I'd expect the optics to be better than this. IT does burn quite quickly, ....

Disappointing considering,,,

what should I do?

Clean both sides of the lens, then with another alcohol pad wipe the diode window :) this happens all the time!!!

hmm doesn't want to clear up. the dot to me looks like a radial pattern. I don't know what it is.

Really this is concerning for me.

Contact Susie and send it back, I don't think O-Like is that "dodgey"

UPDATE

no won't be sending it back as I used Isopropylene Alcohol and filled the entire space of the pointer up with it and let it sit for 10minutes I then let the diode warm up after getting all the alcohol out of the cavity.
There was a hiss of boiling alcohol and the TEM became clearer than I've ever seen it.
picture perfect!! YAY. burning like a lighter now!

wow that sounds risky! happy that everything worked out im thinking of purchasing one!