Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Horrible hobby for the impatient

It sucks that I am so impatient but I am. Today makes 3 weeks since I ordered my laser and according to tracking, I have no idea when it will arrive.

Ordered a
XPL-H532G500 500mw 532nm
on 13 Sept, 2016 and don't know when I'll get it. From what I read, this is still a reasonable time as some take months.

With the LPF discount, Peng told me that he doesn't include the charger or a battery and that they would have to be purchased separately which I declined. My understanding is that the lack of battery helps with customs.

Oh well, what can you do?

diachi

It sucks that I am so impatient but I am. Today makes 3 weeks since I ordered my laser and according to tracking, I have no idea when it will arrive.

Ordered a
XPL-H532G500 500mw 532nm
on 13 Sept, 2016 and don't know when I'll get it. From what I read, this is still a reasonable time as some take months.

With the LPF discount, Peng told me that he doesn't include the charger or a battery and that they would have to be purchased separately which I declined. My understanding is that the lack of battery helps with customs.

Oh well, what can you do?

Lack of a battery definitely helps with customs - and a battery/charger isn't all that expensive.

Unfortunately it does take a while to get things from China sometimes. They also had a few national holidays in the last few weeks so that'll slow things down further.

It's either be patient and order from China or pay more and order more locally.

Please post a quick review when your laser arrives, we need more reviews for XPL's products.

Last edited:

GSS

As of recently that model has been out of stock.
I hoping when you ordered it was confirmed that it was available at the time.

I learned long ago to stock up on spare parts, diodes, drivers, lenses, switches, housings, tools, fasteners and you can never have too much sandpaper and raw material.

I did some building the other day and everything I needed was is in trays marked and ready to go.

Here is just a small corner of my obsession.

I know others have it worse than I do, but it is great to have spare parts ready to go, and that crisp new diode punch is always so nice :D

Attachments

• SANY0722.JPG
    SANY0722.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 102
  • SANY0723.JPG
    SANY0723.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 95
  • SANY0724.JPG
    SANY0724.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 96

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Red, that's some great organization of all those small parts! I try and keep mine separated like that also; those divided plastic containers can't be beat. :)

@ esqueue, I agree, the wait from China can try your patience at times, hang in there!

Last edited:
I've been there too & it's a very tedious and agonizing wait where every day seems to go by sooooo slowly ugh! When ever you order from China a good waiting period in general is a good 2 weeks-1 month generally :(

-Alex

It''l come eventually I promise!

I just waited 4 weeks for a pen laser from Fasttech :crackup:

They take forever. At least 3 weeks. Took him 4 days after payment to begin the shipping. What country are you having it shipped to?

3 weeks, a month? Wow you guys have it lucky! I often order things from China just to surprise myself as it often takes 2 months or, if I'm really unlucky, up to 3 months. So by the time it's in my mailbox I have no idea what it is. Not sure why it takes so long for me :eek:

Reactions: GSS

Sta

3 weeks, a month? Wow you guys have it lucky! I often order things from China just to surprise myself as it often takes 2 months or, if I'm really unlucky, up to 3 months. So by the time it's in my mailbox I have no idea what it is. Not sure why it takes so long for me :eek:

It's obvious EP, it's the maple syrup factor! :crackup:

I remember being surprised that it took exactly 2 weeks for the laser to even get shipped.
They take forever. At least 3 weeks. Took him 4 days after payment to begin the shipping. What country are you having it shipped to?

I'm having it shipped to Long Beach, California.

I'll show some pictures when I get it.