Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Honest opinion on Laserbtb.

Personally my new laser site is DragonLasers. Theh are CNI resellers so you get good quality lasers, and shipping is normally very fast. 8 days for my last purchase. To clarify that means I had my laser within 8 days total. Not business days. It was at my door 8 days after buying. It rode the fast boat.

I must say I like laserbtb.com hosts better though. But lately there's been bad reviews.

Last edited:

what information is lacking? everything techincal they list on the lasers page ? and yeah its a small company but to me i prefer to pay less and i find the lasers for the prices are of good quality, their communication is not their strongest part i can agree with that. I dont think there is a perfect laser company that can have good prices and customer support or lasers that will never break down its up to everyone decide what they want.

Most of their lasers do have enough technical information posted, but this laser lacks basic information like duty cycle and allowable operating voltages. Under "Accessories:" it shows a power supply, which comes with it, but it also shows a "Mounting Bracket" which does NOT come with it. Then again the page is unclear what comes and what does NOT come with the laser.

See this link:

LA 405nm 445nm 50-80

Bob Diaz

Funny they list Estimated Duty-cycle on all their lasers i saw now, they didnt before so thats good..

The estimated duty cycles are a load of crap though. If I ran my pl445 for "5-10 minutes with 1 minute for rest" I suspect the only colour exiting the aperture would be that of burning diode smoke.

you are right trencheel i dont get it, why would they write duty cycles that seem too good to be true? on my 405 it says 5-10min and 1min off cool, and on their page 20minutes on /10seconds off.

First off the my batteries i doubt would last that long, and 20 min and only 10sec off seems very stange to me even for a low powered laser...

I personally has nothing against LaserBTB. I had a laser from them a while back.

It was a 80mW 532nm Pen. It was a nice little laser :)

The duty-cycles are very funny ... 20min on / 10 sec off .... lol :), there is no way it is true ..

I had talked with kevin a while back on Skype. He is a nice guy after all. If you want to buy from them ... I suggest adding him on Skype. He usually answer when he is connected. I was in contact with him a few months ago ... Do not know what is going on now days.

:beer:

Last edited:
I suppose this will be my first post. Hmm.
Well, I have recently purchased a 100mW 405nm Violet Laser from laserbtb, as well as a few Eagle Pair Goggles. As this will be my first laser pointer, I am, well, less than qualified to give you any sort of advice on lasers. But when my laser arrives, I will post a review on my new youtube channel, and personal message you the link. :)

Last edited:
You will get it, can take some time from china to us send but what people should worry more is that customs might take it and throw it away, its when they stop send lasers and take peoples money you can say they are bad.

I have a couple of their lasers and found the product to be at least spec, build quality average+, and customer service to be acceptable. I can't really say anything bad about the experiences I've had with them in the past.

EaglePair are nice glasses for the money. If you are getting a blue laser, you'll want the 190-540nm range rather than the 190-470nm pair.

If you don't mind me asking, have you considered purchasing a laser made by a forum member? We have several accomplished builders around here that will easily provide a higher quality hand-crafted laser to your specifications. Please take some time to investigate that before you decide. I think you'll be glad you did.

cheers,
Clayton
Clayton, I would be interested in talking to some of the builders in the forum....could you help?

Hello!

I have very good contact with kevin from laserbtb. If anyone finds himself to have issues with them and cant seem to sort it out themselves PM me! I will try to figure it out for you with kevin! :)

I never had problems with any laser and service of laserbtb. But then again i organise the groupbuys and have a good connection with kevin.

I also like to build my own lasers. They are of better/ more custom quality then laserBtB. But then again the parts that go in them are more expensive!

I know kevin carries a procedure for broken stuff. He will ask you to make a video of what is broken or does not function. He then maybe will supply a few hints on how to fix it or how to send it back. If he also finds the laser to be broken. You will A get a new one B get yout money back. But i agree it is kindoff a time consuming thing to do.

(Wow i just started every brick with I :p)

Greetings!!

Last edited: