Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Honest lasers for honest prices

BogWaffles

I haven't been here long, but false advertising seems to be the industry standard. You all act like it's something to be celebrated when a laser's power output actually matches its description. All I need is decent quality laser pointer that outputs what its specs say it does, and that doesn't break because the manufacturer cut corners with parts or quality control. Which stores should I be looking at?

Encap

Agree with Alaskan ^^^
See: https://www.jetlasers.org/index.php and https://www.sanwulasers.com/ both are 100% reliable and sell quality products they manufacture.

You are right, there are thousands of Chinese resellers asking absurd high prices and misrepresenting everything they offer. who have found it is profitable to lie or don't know anything about what they sell + overcharge. Is all a money grab by any means from customers with little or no recourse once money is paid in. Some OK ones but few and far between.

Last edited:

Napalm

I was going to ask this question, but I was preceded by BogWaffles, it doesn't matter.
I'm seeing the Jetlasers.org site, and I found a different laser pointer than the commonly used ones.
It's a matter of
PL-E Pro DPSS 1064nm Infrared Lasers.
DPSS 1064nm PL-E Pro 100mW to 2000mW Laser is a classic brand of AT 1064nm portable lasers.

DATA SHEET
Dimensions 40mm (Dia.) X275mm (Length)
Net Weight 580g Without Batts
Power Supply 1 x 18650/26650 Lithium Batteries Or 5V Wall adapter
Working Voltage 4.2V
Diode Life Time DPSS, 8000 HOURS
Beam Divergence around 2mRad
Beam Diameter At openings 1mm; adjustable
Transverse Mode Near Tem00
Operating Mode CW for Mechanical Switch, CW plus Pulse Mode for Code Switch
Working Temperature 0 to 35 Degree C
Warranty One year
Power stability ≧ 90%
Polarization ≦ 0.3 °
IP55 Waterproof Degree

It is really rare if not unique (at least for me) to find an IR laser pointer with the wording of the diode life time (Diode Pump Status Solid), usually the DPSS are those enclosed in a square aluminum box with a round connector with many pins inside ?
What kind of glasses do you need for this laser?

Napalm

Do you have an actual use for a dangerous invisible 1064nm hand held laser?
What would you want to use it for?

Among others in the market, any of the Eagle Pair laser safety glasses/goggles here that cover 1064nm wavelength would be fine
Absolutely not, no real reason nor need to have one for strength, I was just intrigued to find one like that of a pointer and battery.
With a pointer like that you play your sight in a flash, even after the best eye doctor can help you.
Do you know there are people who buy nanometers?
EaglesPair are excellent glasses for lasers, especially the IR ones that emit a faint pale pink light at first and then a brighter violet
(but we are talking about those from 3W to rise)

Sorry if I deleted the glasses link, but if I don't do this, I won't publish the answer, I still don't have enough points to post and maybe answer questions containing links