Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Homemade deathray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reallifelaserguns

I finished building my deathray! When all the parts came in it took a day or two. A lot of troubleshooting : )

Here is a video of it burning sticky notes:

Don't mind the red laser; it's for aiming so I don't burn things I am not supposed to burn:ROFLMAO:. The frame is mostly cardboard because I did't have a big budget. I could make it a lot more stronger, efficiënt and compact but for my first deathray I keep it cheap and simple.

If you want I can make some more pictures and videos.

And as always, I have proper eye protection for this thing:cool:

Reallifelaserguns

I didn’t do any real measuring but I would say somewhere around 10 meters max: at that distance it still burns but the laser does need to stay really steady, so no single movement.

When you say portable do you mean this doesn't need an AC source for the power supply? The tube alone is 28 inches long. And that is not including the PS.

Reallifelaserguns

Here are some other videos:

The laser also burns a little when it’s not triggered, wich I had to find out the hard way: I was setting up a burning target when suddenly smoke appeared on my shirt 😅. It isn’t a big problem though; it burns much stronger when triggered.

Last edited:

Anthony P

What did you use for heat exchanger/ cooling. What is duty cycle and battery life?
Cool project, but be careful.

Reallifelaserguns

With cnc the laser has to operate for a long time so of course you have to use a water pump but because I use my co2 laser as a “gun” I just filled it completely with water and don’t fire longer them 1 min. I use a 6500mah battery; it’s good for like 7/10 min of fun🙃

Here are some other videos:
x
x

The laser also burns a little when it’s not triggered, wich I had to find out the hard way: I was setting up a burning target when suddenly smoke appeared on my shirt 😅. It isn’t a big problem though; it burns much stronger when triggered.

WHAT ??? You said : " The laser also burns a little when it’s not triggered, wich I had to find out the hard way: I was setting up a burning target when suddenly smoke appeared on my shirt 😅. It isn’t a big problem though; it burns much stronger when triggered. "

Seriously not good man.

I was going to talk about how you can focus your beam but I see what you mean in your 2nd video, you have a standby output making a visible glow at your target when you are not in operation...........that is not ok, you should install a shutter until you figure it out, but figure it out straight away and install a shutter anyway, that's a spooky thing to see with an invisible multi watt beam.

What kind of battery pack, inverter or dc to dc, and are you reusing part of the factory power supply ?
You should not have a standby output like that and you really should fix it, not only are you wasting battery and heating your tube but it's an accident waiting to happen.

Are you using a battery pack with an inverter then factory power supply or what ?
I have seen a guy use a battery pack and a dc to dc to power a ZVS to make his high voltage and I have tested similar but I have not built out a C02 as yet and I don't have a factory PS to examine although I could possibly find a schematic, is there some standby function built into the factory power supply ?

Last edited:

Reallifelaserguns

I am not that good with electronics (I am still in high school, will do an engineering study) so I didn’t get it to work with a zvs, turns out I needed some things with it to built a power supply out of it after all... But now I have a factory PS (I got an extra laser tube where I can try the remaining zvs on). It had a triggering button and it worked perfect. I desoldered it, soldered two wires on it leading to another switch (the trigger). First it didn’t do this (in the first video it didn’t do it yet) but now after a bit more use it started doing it again... I don’t really know how to solve it so I just being carefull. And I used a 12v dc to 220v ac inverter.

Last edited:

Anthony P

How about a low power targeting laser to aim.
Remember, all metals are very reflective of that WL. Also, any glass will absorb and likely shatter.

Reallifelaserguns

I have (first video). But I can’t really calibrate it on different distances (the aiming laser). I gleued a 250mw module on it and it isn’t that precise so I’ll have to work on it.

I keep wondering what people sometimes call „not a big problem“. And how they somehow manage to stay alive and out of jail until retirement. If you want be one of these, you should evaluate your doing.

What‘s your next project? Home made nuclear power plant? „Ups, I found out that my cans of Uranium pellets get a little hot when I stowe them away in my locker. Had to put them on the balcony to cool down, but that‘s not a big problem.“

😫

I guess the restrictive „anti Laser“ laws are made because of people like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.