Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Holy crap this 8x21 monocular fits perfectly on my 589 spartan and my jetlasers 473..

joeyss

I just gotta hold it on. it covers the lens of my 589 and there's a black shade so no beam leakage happens on both. I bought it for $9 at surplus shed.

here's a pic maybe some of you have it. They don't have them in stock ):

" It has a rubber armored body that measures just over 3 ½ inches long (9cm) and about 1 inch diameter. " maybe you can find one just like it if you have a spartan you can glue gun it on with damaging the laser. Works great as a beam expander.

Astromart Reviews - Surplus Shed Rubberized Roof Prism 8x21 Monocular

I guess it has a roof prism or some other righting optics inside? That's the only thing which turn me off for most monoculars, almost all have them, for good reason, keeps the scene upright but adds loss.

Yes I melted and burned the plastic holder in a cheap tasco monocular that held the prism in place and that ruined it.

joeyss

Yes I melted and burned the plastic holder in a cheap tasco monocular that held the prism in place and that ruined it.

what mW laser was it. It also is coated it reflects orangish light and things look blueish indoors. But it really worked on my spartan. It almost fits my red 301. I have to say it really surprised me. It also has a focus label that tells you if you have it up close or too far away. What would that do to a laser that is focused to infinity when you adjust it?

joeyss, it would change focus just like turning the lens on a non-expanded laser.

I've tested a similar monocular, it worked but with huge losses. Wasn't worth it.

what mW laser was it. It also is coated it reflects orangish light and things look blueish indoors. But it really worked on my spartan. It almost fits my red 301. I have to say it really surprised me. It also has a focus label that tells you if you have it up close or too far away. What would that do to a laser that is focused to infinity when you adjust it?

I think it was a 2.5w NDB7875, it did not lost long at all sadly, your lower power and tighter beam laser may work, but losses could be high.

Nothing wrong with experimenting, just wear those safety glasses, I have found some cool lenses that work to zoom the bigger diodes from a longer focal length.