Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Holding Diode to Driver While Soldering

Here is a picture of my 1.4 watt blue diode being soldered to a 1.5A Survival Laser driver. Held everything together with PCBGRIP while I soldered - worked perfectly.

I'm currently working on crowd funding PCBGRIP and thought those on this forum may find it handy. The crowd funding campaign can be found here.

Thanks
Jason

Attachments

• Laser1.jpg
    Laser1.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 431
  • Laser2.jpg
    Laser2.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 219

Hello and welcome to LPF PCBGRIP(love your username) :p

I think this is a great cause you are trying to get money raised for, I really do!

But I would recommend posting a thread about yourself on the "Welcome" section. This would help us to get to know you better and maybe even get some people to donate.

Best of luck :)

That thing looks great- especially for the people here who build and sell drivers. I have a question though, that spring loaded arm to hold the parts on the board, is that interchangeable to have smaller tips? You would need a smaller end point to hold things like those teensy tiny little surface mount resistors and such onto the PCB.

Great idea though, very well made!

The small rod is all 3mm and one end will have M3x0.5 male threads. The concept is that you can build and easily add parts as required. If you wanted/need you could build your own part with a female M3x0.5 thread and easily use it.

On the Kickstarter campaign, there is actually a picture of the Variable Tee part being used to hold a pogo pin. The pogo is holding a SMD capacitor on a board I designed. Search "Variable Tee holding" on the Kickstarter page and you will find the picture I am talking about.

Thanks for the interest.