Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hobby Drones in War Scenario

Benm

I was told those virgins were nuns that died of old age, but i suppose it doesn't matter that much.

One interesting question is if "we" (the non-muslim scientific types) should start fighting back, and if so to what degree.

The problematic issue is that we have the means to, essentially, evaporate ISIS within hours, but also care for the civilians caught in the crossfire, so we don't even consider using tactical nuclear weapons to level cities under ISIS control.

IF they had the same technological ability they would not hesitate to nuke our major cities. Luckily they do not.

The most important thing is that it does not come to that. Reality of the situation is that the whole middle east could be destroyed within a day if the pre-cold-war enemies of nat and russia combined forces to do it - yet they keep provoking.

I find it appalling that some here have lumped all Muslims among terrorists in general. I have met some Muslims who would have no compunction to aid, much less act against people of other religions. It was the Christians who started the Crusades to try to wipe out Muslims many centuries ago..... and for no other reason than the pope thought it a better way to keep marauding knights from attacking the Christian populace. There are good American Muslims in the US that have fought for this country, but they are now the villains in this new Trump America.

Not my idea of a good idea. An autonomous killing drone that can fit in your hand.

Benm

I find it appalling that some here have lumped all Muslims among terrorists in general. I have met some Muslims who would have no compunction to aid, much less act against people of other religions. It was the Christians who started the Crusades to try to wipe out Muslims many centuries ago..... and for no other reason than the pope thought it a better way to keep marauding knights from attacking the Christian populace. There are good American Muslims in the US that have fought for this country, but they are now the villains in this new Trump America.

Lumping people based on a single variable is generally a bad idea to start with - race, gender, religion or whatever else.

There is, however, a flipside to this argument: In the current day and age, virtually all terrorists attacks in europe are instigated by muslims. I have no problem accepting that 99% of muslims do not support these attacks, let alone aid in financing them or carrying them out.

Sadly the good always suffer from the actions of a few bad people: There have been a few attacks in which muslims used rented trucks to run over crowds of people. Rental companies start to refuse muslim customers, despite 99.9 of them just needing the truck to move or something like that. You just do not want to take that slight risk of a truck with your logo on it running over a crowd of innocent people on a boulevard.

Depending on country in western europe you are, the muslim population can be from anywhere near zero (like poland) to something like 10% (say france). As a business you can afford to lose that 10% business to prevent incidents like these that'd bankrupt your company.

What a complete rewrite of history without a single reference to these "battles". Bill Warner of political islam.com is not an historian. He claims to have collected these "jihads" which wasn't what they were called during the Inquisition in Spain with not a single reference to any of these so called battles. This is another guy with an agenda and he hopes you won't ask the questions I have and just take his word for all of this. The Catholic church has formally apologized for the Crusades, but according to Bill Warner they hardly happened and were only in defense of "jihad". Until he can substantiate these claims, they are just political BS.

As far as the so called 0.1% of Muslims who have caused a terrorist act, it probably depends on the country one lives in whether or not Muslims are allowed to be discriminated against by businesses. I think the number is far below 0.1% of the Muslim population. The judiciary of a country will either allow this or not.

Last edited:
I'm honestly surprised that (to my knowledge) nobody has just simply strapped a small bomb to a quad copter style drone and used it as a tiny bomber. It wouldn't even be that difficult for a someone with a basic skill in electronics to do. You can buy all the parts to build an autonomous GPS guided drone easily off the internet. Just program it to fly to a specific coordinate and drop a payload.

I've even thought of building a drone to drop water balloons on someone. The only difficulty I can see is that getting a decent range with a payload might be difficult on battery power.

You would need a quad propeller drone with a lot of lift to drop water balloons. I would be careful talking about strapping bombs to these drones to use on the populace. It might just be an idle thought, but these sites are monitored and you don't want to find yourself on some list.

Benm

I'm honestly surprised that (to my knowledge) nobody has just simply strapped a small bomb to a quad copter style drone and used it as a tiny bomber. It wouldn't even be that difficult for a someone with a basic skill in electronics to do. You can buy all the parts to build an autonomous GPS guided drone easily off the internet. Just program it to fly to a specific coordinate and drop a payload.

This is not technically that difficult to do. Afaik it's never been proven to have delivered explosives to kill anyone, but drones are used to smuggle things surely. This could be drugs or cellphones into prisons, but also drugs across borders and such.

And as technology improves this issue will get bigger too, especially for smuggling operations. Drones can literally fly under the radar quite easily just keeping constant distance from the ground, and that distance does not have to be much - they can fly over rough terrain and much lower altitude than, say, a cruise missile ever could.

I'm quite sure this is happening already as you see how elaborate other smuggles operations work (like drug-delivering submarines and such).

What is the maximum payload of the largest personal drone and the maximum distance it can fly out of sight of the operator fully loaded? I'm very curious as these seem to gain in size every year. I suppose I could research it myself........just thought someone here might know without having to look it up.