Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hit in eye with 1W laser?

if you were up for three days straight then why were you playing with lasers?? and was there a reason why you were up for three days? Something that may have impaired your judgment.
Have you made an appointment yet? keep us updated

Insomnia mate, I was highly delusional and felt invincible, not sleeping gets you that way

Dont go to the doctor soon, go NOW, call your local emergency rooms/urgent cares and see if they have an opthamologist on site, if not an optometrist may be able to help you as well, but go as soon as you possibly can, you cannot wait one more day or so. You may be totally fine but its not worth the risk.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

I didn't sleep for about three days straight, cut me some slack. But yeah now I am afraid to look at the dot from 50 feet away without my eagle pair, taught me a lesson. I will go visit my eye doctor soon, I deserve my scolding
I don't think there are many members that once in a while used some bad judgement. It wasn't a dig more of a observation lesson. Just 2 weeks ago I got a reflection hit in the eye with a greenie overspec ebay pen. Yes my eye stung a bit like accidently looking into the sun. It was a dum thing to do at "all the wrong times" and I should of handled it just like I do my higher powered ones. So i'm open for a blasting from members.

Vision

I don't think there are many members that once in a while used some bad judgement. It wasn't a dig more of a observation lesson. Just 2 weeks ago I got a reflection hit in the eye with a greenie overspec ebay pen. Yes my eye stung a bit like accidently looking into the sun. It was a dum thing to do at "all the wrong times" and I should of handled it just like I do my higher powered ones. So i'm open for a blasting from members.

Look at it this way. In 2150, you won't even be alive.
:beer:

Reactions: GSS
challenge accepted !! i'll be up in space ... fixing spaceship while shooting limbs off people and exploring an Alien Planet while being hunt by the Government and Religious cult....

Dont go to the doctor soon, go NOW, call your local emergency rooms/urgent cares and see if they have an opthamologist on site, if not an optometrist may be able to help you as well, but go as soon as you possibly can, you cannot wait one more day or so. You may be totally fine but its not worth the risk.

UPDATE: my eye doctor said I have no retinal damage at all, (apart from the retinal damage I already had) and my vision is fine. phew

Pretty lucky. I get hit in the eyes all the time with class 1mw presentation lasers. When the dots get close to my eyes, it feels like my eyes got hit. It's possible that most of the radiation was focused just close to your eyes and not into them