Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

High Output Flashlights

Lolvo

Hey LPF,

I'm looking into joining the world of professional flashlights since a lot of my adventuring happens at night. I've been reading up on some threads in this section, but just as with lasers, it's a broad topic that you don't REALLY understand until you own them.

All I'm looking for is suggestions in this thread.
What flashlights do you know as top performers?
What kind of price ranges would be acceptable?
What companies/sellers would you, as a customer, recommend?

I'm open to anything here, I need to learn more about specifications, lumens, etc. - so any information, links, products you can recommend would be great!

Also, not sure how many of you are into nightvision setups...but I'm looking into those as well :whistle:

In the meantime, I'll be going through this subforum looking at various reviews and threads. Thanks guys!

csshih

Flashlights are my specialty ;) However, what exactly are you looking for? As much output as you can get for the money? Just like lasers, a flashlight isn't just based off of its lumen output (lux and beam profile are important, too), Manufacturers lie all the time about outputs, etc.

As for nightvision, what is your budget? I'd recommend PVS14s with autogating.

Lolvo

Flashlights are my specialty ;) However, what exactly are you looking for? As much output as you can get for the money? Just like lasers, a flashlight isn't just based off of its lumen output (lux and beam profile are important, too), Manufacturers lie all the time about outputs, etc.

As for nightvision, what is your budget? I'd recommend PVS14s with autogating.

I'm looking for something equivalent to the capabilities of the TK75 by Fenix. I'm not going to quote "hey I need a 30ft area of light 300m away with a cone diameter of 93289472" - That's like saying I want a 2W+ 445 laser, that can be seen for 40 miles, with a visible dot, and less than $100 - simply too much to ask!

I really like the TK75, it looks amazingly capable and has all the features I want from a solid flashlight. I want a solid beam with tons of light, and I enjoy those different modes of operation. I've read good things on it, but you know how that goes *cough* wickedlasers *cough* - So, honestly, I'm looking at the TK75 AND it's competitors; I'd rather not spend over $100 though, so if there are flashlights you have in mind that you would personally recommend, that can fit the comparable criteria to the TK75, perhaps not equal, but definitely a little brother, send them my way.

It's almost hard to beat the TK75 for its price and performance.

That being said, you might want to look into the TN30:
ThruNite TN30 Review (3 x XM-L U2 | 3 x 18650))

tn30_4.jpg

Or the BTU Shocker:
Review: BTU Shocker (3 x XM-L T6 NW | 3 x 18650) | BudgetLightForum.com

20121030141905592.jpg

Budgetwise, you can get the Sky Ray King 3xXM-L for about $40.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f66/review-sky-ray-king-3xxm-l-4x18650-aurabuy-80288.html

sky_ray_king_3xcree_xm-l_t6_2000-lumens_3-mode_flashlight_desert_golden_4x18650_2.jpg

Cheers!

I would add Black Shadow Terminator, Nitecore TM26, , Roche M170, and Niteye40 to consideration.

Ultimately though, I would go with the TK75 over any of them, or possibly the RC40, although I don't think the price jump is justified.

Last edited:

tonyt

Last edited:

Gun

The Convoy M1 is a great torch for the price, In my signature you'll find a link to my review.

Yeah, the FF4 founds very interesting, I probably am getting one as well.

Will do a review of it when it comes. :)