Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi - newbi Winnipeg

HMC

I'm a newbie to lasers other than red construction auto level spinners ranging from .95mw to 3.5mw
I had no idea you could posess a hand held laser that could cause effect from 20' away. :eek:
I've decided to jump right in and spend around $2000 on a high powerd green laser and of course a really good pair of
safety glasses.
So far I'm leaning towards skylasers handheld 400mw because it hase built in focus and has enough power to kerb
Me from getting power hungry and spending fortunes climbing the mw ladder.

I understand that I will have to be extreamly Aware & carefull handeling a laser of that magnitude for a newbie
so I have read through the precautions & the do's & don'ts a few times and i will also be taking some extra precautions
like a checklist just untill i become more familiar with handeling high power lasers.

If anyone knows of a better laser around that price range i'd sure like to know about it.
thnks HMC.

This a good choice, you might get interested in RPL425 also. Be carefull with it, with such power you can blind yourself. Herc is a fine pieces but might be heavy pls consider a Spartan ;) Spartan & Beam Expander w/goggles would be sweet.

Whats the main uses you will do?
Thanks for avoiding wickedl...

-Greg

HMC

Rangedunits said:
This a good choice, you might get interested in RPL425 also. Be carefull with it, with such power you can blind yourself. Herc is a fine pieces but might be heavy pls consider a Spartan ;) Spartan & Beam Expander w/goggles would be sweet.  

Whats the main uses you will do?
Thanks for avoiding wickedl...

-Greg

mostly useing it for experiments but would like to incorperate it as a marking tool in construction on q-deck normally painted black & between 12' to 22' from finished floor to deck.

P.s those look like good glasses & at a great price .
thanks

If you will use laser for extended use then duty cycle is important, for experiments get a tripod, i got one from a friend, just need a clamp ;(
I am getting these goggles in a few day( they were still in china 2days ago). I will review them aswell the beam expander upon arrivals.

Welcome! Post pictures when you get your laser. The forum has people from all ages and backgrounds, so you fit right in! Be SURE to be careful though. Sight cannot be restored!