Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi, I'm newbie here.

HI, I'm Yingyot from Thailand.

I'm a physics lecturer at Thammasat University.
Now, I interest to modify the green laser pointer to be a sub-us pulsed laser. Is it possible? But I just start in this field. So I think I have to ask many thing from all of you.

Nice to meet all you here.

Encap

Welcome -- enjoy the forum. Thammasat University, interesting. Do you do research there in addition to lecture?

You will find many members with laser interests, knowledge, and collections of lasers from all walks of life in LPF.

Alot of knowledgeable and experienced menbers for all levels if you are needing help or answers.

LPF database has a wealth of information --just search any topic/subject using the LPF search function at bottom of page.

Last edited:

diachi

HI, I'm Yingyot from Thailand.

I'm a physics lecturer at Thammasat University.
Now, I interest to modify the green laser pointer to be a sub-us pulsed laser. Is it possible? But I just start in this field. So I think I have to ask many thing from all of you.

Nice to meet all you here.

Welcome! :)

That very likely won't be possible with your standard 532nm DPSS pointer. You'd need to use electrical modulation which will have issues at such a short pulse duration on a DPSS laser. A direct diode 515nm/520nm pointer would be better suited.

What do you intend to do with said pointer?

BobMc

Welcome Yingyot to the forum. Lasers are a great hobby. But watch your bank account. Enjoy and be safe. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Yingyot. :) No pulsing of those pointers is very unlikely to work. Diachi has already given the correct advice on this one. I am also interesting in your application. Good to see a physics lecturer on here. :beer:

Wow, surprise. Everyone feedback every fast.

Actually, I do the research on solar cell and some spectroscopy. I have used the Nd-YAG ns laser and fs laser when I was PhD student. When I backed to Thailand, here I do not have such the device to continue the research and I also lack of budget.

Then I think some of the experiment, I can use ns laser or led. But again I have less knowledge how to drive led or laser with ns pulse and high power. I have search some literature and built some ns pulse circuit. But the ns pulse signal can not drive the laser pointer with high power. I said pointer because I use the cheap laser pointer (I think it's Chinese one).

I have asked DTR via e-mail about the laser + module + mount, but no response. As you know I'm in Thailand, I'm not sure he will ship to Thailand. Then I think it's better to have a talk with someone in the forum.

Thanks for all warm welcome. Here it's quite late at night. Good night.

:wave:Welcome to the Forum..
I see that members have responded to your
questions.
Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Welcome, Yingyot. It is great to have another physicist here. Yes, it is difficult to get the proper equipment when on a budget. Perhaps you will be able to build the laser you need from surplus parts. Many here have done this. You should see planter's thread on his new dye laser.

Last edited: