Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HI im new can you please help?

Ways

No those are not certified, EN 207 (EU) or ANSI Z 136 (US) are the standards for laser safety glasses and if they where certified they would be marked with the wavelength range and protection level as well as a CE mark (in the EU not sure about the US) any company selling certified glasses will be sure to let you know they are certified!

more info here:- EN 207 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDITED TO ADD:- Just for comparison i took some pics first up my Bolle safety goggles, are CE marked, have EN 207 certification and have all the relevant info printed on the actual goggles, they also came with a certificate detailing the relevant standards and what they will protect me from (all my certified glasses/goggles are marked accordingly and came with similar certification)

I also own 2 pairs of dragon laser's safety glasses but do not currently have access to a LPM and hence have no method of testing their level of protection, they have no markings at all and although they came with a nice soft case and cleaning cloth! they didnt have any certification detailing their level of protection. i do however use them when playing with my lower power lasers (10-30 ish mw) but would not trust them to protect me from higher powers.

DSC00317_resize.JPG

DSC00319_resize.JPG

DSC00330_resize.JPG

DSC00332.jpg

Last edited:
Grix suggested them tho:S but if they are not certified then ive basically wasted my money now :O

I just brought 2 goggles from dragon lasers but are they not safe ???????

These Focal Price Laser safety Goggles will be fine... to protect your eyes...

http://www.focalprice.com/LP076X/Professional_Anti_Green_Laser_Glassess.html

I have 3 pair and tested a pair to destruction yesterday with a metered
SPYDER I Pro green @ 302mW... and a Laser Power Meter...
The 302mW dropped to about 1mW directly through the FP goggles...
They do not however block IR... Neither do the $107.00GBP glasses you
mentioned...

Do not shine a 300mW laser directly though the FP goggles.... the plastic
lens will melt after a few seconds of direct exposure...

Jerry

Last edited:

mfo

These Focal Price Laser safety Goggles will be fine... to protect your eyes...

Welcome to focalprice.com | The lowest Price for DS R4 lite,PSP Slim,Genuine Earphone,SONY EX71 EX082,PS2,Macbook Accessories etc.

I have 3 pair and tested a pair to destruction yesterday with a metered
SPYDER I Pro green @ 302mW... and a Laser Power Meter...
The 302mW dropped to about 1mW directly through the FP goggles...
They do not however block IR... Neither do the $107.00GBP glasses you
mentioned...

Do not shine a 300mW laser directly though the FP goggles.... the plastic
lens will melt after a few seconds of direct exposure...

Jerry

Would you recommend these for 405nm also Jerry? Have you done tests with that wavelength?

Re the pseudolobster quote in posting #16, with that attitude it would be best to stay away from DIY lasers altogether IMHO - that's the best protection there is.

Hey mfo...

No I have not tested these FP Goggles with 405nm... Yet...
So I can't give any thoughts of usability at that wavelength...:cryyy:

Jerry
(3500-2273-37)

Last edited:
A certified goggle that comes with the proper markings on it for nm's and OD #, and the appropriate US or EU approval mark (Z137 or EN207) will of course be fine.

A google from a respected vendor recommended and reviewed on this site will be fine.

An unknown goggle is a problem and should be avoided unless you have the training, knowledge, experience, and the equipment to test the unknown goggle yourself.

If your 300mW laser does not have an IR filter in it, you can buy and add one. These are usually available on ebay, saw some late last night from I think it was snoctony or sinolaser. These also turn up here on LPF, or at some of the web stores that LPF members run. Note that an IR filter may also block up to 6% of the green output. As far as the actual output of your laser goes, if you don't have a thermal LPM, perhaps one of the UK resident senior members here could test it for you.

Welcome to LPF, hope that is close to 300mW output, and it's nice to see a new member who is concerned about safety and realizes the importance of goggles for high power lasers. (2 pairs - smart move, protect your buddy who is watching as well)
As a final warning, lasers can be addictive. You tend to want more ... (blue, red, violet, IR, orange, yellow, UV, does it ever end ???)

Bill.

I just asked the eBay seller a question about his "300mW" 532nm Laser...

Hi,
I'm interested in this laser...
If it does not output 300mW on our calibrated
Newport Laser Power Meter... can we send it back
for a full refund ???

regards,
lasersbee

Wonder if I'll get a response....

[EDIT]
Well I did get a response....

Hi, Lasersbee
Yes, No problem. We can do refund.
Thanks
paul

- skylaserpointer

But somehow I'm still not convinced...

Jerry

Last edited:
Let me know what he says lol. I brought 2 pairs of goggles though from dragon lasers will these be ok for my 300mW laser? Has anyone used them with a high power laser before?
The laser I have brought off ebay dont you think its the same as this
http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Evolution_Series-54-52.html
Also I want to be sure aslong as I dnt get a beam reflection or direct beam in my eye just looking at the beam wont hurt me?

Thanks guys your all so full of knowledge.

Last edited:

jwc

I highly doubt that's 300mW. SKY doesn't even make laser pointers that powerful (their pointers go up to 200mW and their portables go up to like 400).

D

Deleted member 8382

Grix suggested them tho:S but if they are not certified then ive basically wasted my money now :O
stop stop stop, I'm using the chinese 7$ googles and they work fine with my 200mW green laser (which I think that is more than your "300mW"), the dragonlasers ones also work, trust me.

Also, I highly doubt this is real 300 mW, maybe 150 at the most since it's a pen style. Anyway, if it does what you want the price is not that bad at all. Again, just take the googles from dragonlasers and make sure you don't harm your eyes with this laser since 150 mW is REALLY dangerous.

Also, althought others will tell you another thing, mainly forget about the IR filter.

A part from this, welcome to the forum!