Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi from the UK:

TheD

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to pop on here before getting stuck in.
I think my first research is where is the best place to buy reputable pair of goggles in the UK.
I have two lasers, Blue (I think 450nm) and Green, (532nm). Both sketchy ebay purchases and I am quite confident that they are not the power rating they claim to be.
So i think, once I get a handle on the PPE side of things, then the fun can start, but until then, building and playing is not going to happen.

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to pop on here before getting stuck in.
I think my first research is where is the best place to buy reputable pair of goggles in the UK.
I have two lasers, Blue (I think 450nm) and Green, (532nm). Both sketchy ebay purchases and I am quite confident that they are not the power rating they claim to be.
So i think, once I get a handle on the PPE side of things, then the fun can start, but until then, building and playing is not going to happen.

Hi there & welcome to LPF!

First shop in the UK that comes to my mind is OdicForce and they have Eagle Pair goggles >> which are very high quality.

Enjoy the forum and be safe!

Cheers

EDIT:
I deleted your second thread that was same question about safety goggles..

Last edited:

TheD

HI!!!
Thanks for this! I found a pair on Amazon that also look good but am unsure. Saya they come with CE cert. I can't post the link yet as I am new but if you search for 'MCWlaser Laser Safty Protective Goggles Glasses For 355nm 532nm 808nm 980nm 1064nm (190-540 & 800-1700nm) Absorption Type Eyewear For Myopia'. they pop up!
Sorry about the other thread. I've just been doing some reading from the sticky.
Not sure if OD5 would be overkill or not at this point. Lots to learn!

EDIT: I decided to go with the link above. They also state IR protection too. Thanks again!

Last edited:
HI!!!
Thanks for this! I found a pair on Amazon that also look good but am unsure. Saya they come with CE cert. I can't post the link yet as I am new but if you search for 'MCWlaser Laser Safty Protective Goggles Glasses For 355nm 532nm 808nm 980nm 1064nm (190-540 & 800-1700nm) Absorption Type Eyewear For Myopia'. they pop up!
Sorry about the other thread. I've just been doing some reading from the sticky.
Not sure if OD5 would be overkill or not at this point. Lots to learn!

EDIT: I decided to go with the link above. They also state IR protection too. Thanks again!
They have +OD4 goggles also >>

BTW..
OdicForce is very reputable, I have ordered many times from there.. ;)

TheD

Arriving tomorrow! Looking forward to being able to switch this laser on without the danger of permanent blindness.
The amount of people review eBay lasers and obviously high powered lasers on YouTube without any protection is staggering.

TheD

Thanks for the welcome everyone. 🙌 Have to say, I am staggered by the amount of information on here. I almost feel like a mute at the moment due to the vast amount of information.

I'd be lying if one of the allures of lasers was the potential to actually burn things with light, but it's so much more than that. I find them so fascinating and I really like gaining knowledge on complicated things through experimentation and practically doing it. Of course, I understand there is much to be researched.

I think one of my first projects is going to be designing something that catches/terminates the laser safely.
I have an idea in my head, it's a box with some form of reflective matrix inside, that will dissipate the heat.

I have a 3D printer, and while not heat resistant whatsoever, I may use it to prototype a frame, in which, small ceramic tiles can be dropped to capture and reflect the beam inward.

I'd be interested to further see what frames could be made to hold various filters and reflective media. Who knows, maybe contribute something to the forum in that respect.

Jim H

Hello. I bought my high power laser to eventually mount on my 3D printer to try my hand at engraving/cutting, although I haven't mounted it yet.

I have been posting about Odicforce for a long time now.
Everybody should check them out. They are very helpful and honest.

lots to see and read there