Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi Folks, I'm (almost) New in Town and I just joined the 445 Club

jbragg

I've been lurking awhile and posted a few times with some questions and I thought it was high time for a proper introdution.

My name is Jeff and I've been messing around with lasers for about 35 years. I've owned a Spectra Physics 155 since '76 and used to play with Ar/Kr lasers in college. What with all the excitement surrounding the 1w 445nm units these days and their low price (practically free next to the cost a mid '70s all-lines) I thought I might have some fun. My O-Like arrived yesterday and I foresee a lot of interesting things being done with it.

I want to thank bootleg2go for his info and insight on the issue. Not that I doubted you , but you were correct about this laser diode. I'm sure I'll still find it useful. At this point, I'm probably going to build a few of my own units, so I'll continue to glean the necessary info from this and other sites. After that? I don't know, maybe a Maser pistol. Ha, ha.
:lasergun:

Last edited:

Arshus

Welcome!! How long did it take you to get your O-like?

-Sal

jbragg

I ordered on the 16th of December and it arrived on the 14 of January. And yes, I have my glasses. I got those first.

Arshus

Sweet, yeah same as all the others. Olike generally takes a month to get to your door.

Glasses are not just for safety, although thats certainly their more important purpose. You can also test the IR output of your lasers with an LPM by putting them inbetween the laser and the thermoplie, in effect filtering the beam and measuring how much IR light gets to the thermopile. Pretty cool application!

Regards,

Sal

Last edited: