Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi everyone !, new member from Cyprus :)

cars

Greetings everybody,

I am a new member here, been visiting the site to have more knowledge about laser pointers since am just getting into them. I am a college student studying electrical engineering, my hobbies are Magic the Gathering, Basket Ball, csgo and Rocket League.

The reason I loved laser pointers is because when I was a kid I owned a red one with nice pattern caps, I wish I knew which company produced it, because it was very good quality compared to other local ones, unfortunately I have lost the laser and whenever I bought another one, the quality was always bad, the dot is crappy looking, hence why I lost my interest in lasers. But suddenly last week I just tried to see what laser pointers there are available online via Ali-express, of course you all know which one I came across xD, so I bought this 303 laser, while waiting for it to arrive I searched and read a lot about how laser pointers have become, watched a lot of xm360 reviews, and of course the safety was mentioned in every video and every web site mentioned about laser safety, I even didn't use the laser when it arrived for a week, I was practicing with a low power cat toy one.

This is actually a nice tip for new comers, by using a low powered laser pointer before I tried the 303 laser, I reflected each time I turned it on and always asked my self " would this have been safe with the 303 ?, was it safe to point it at that tree or dark place or that building? what if people were there ?" so these questions really helped me with the safety usage and I still do it before using my 303.

Next am getting is my safety goggles, but for now am short on money, I will buy a good quality pair from survival lasers, you get only two eyes!, definitely worth the money for high quality goggles. I also bought laser pointers from different sellers across Ali-Express and will review each one, to let other members who shop via Ali-express what they are getting into, also bought some 18650 batteries and chargers, will review those too.

Sorry for long welcome post, but I felt that this is the best way to get people to know me better :D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, cars! :)

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay.

Philipnzw

Welcome to LPF and enjoy your stay.
If you just want to give the 303 laser a quick test, its possible to shot it up into the night sky, however make sure nothing is flying overhead, and also make sure you hold onto the laser tightly and not let it hit any living thing.
I'd say that you are already on a good direction when it comes to safety.
I myself only got a proper pair of laser goggles 4 months after getting into the laser hobby.
Do take safety seriously, even weaker lasers cause a lot of damage if they hit you in the eye.

Cheers.

Good 'intro'-- I bet, eventually, a member from your part of the globe will post you a welcome.

I have lots of experience and hardly ever protect my eyes EXCEPT:
when measuring beams for divergence-- drawing around the dots to measure easily.
aiming lasers on the sensor of my LPMs
around others w/ lasers.
aiming beams on bounce mirrors
or aligning/galvos etc lasers inside a projector.

however there is no substitute for real-world experience.
At LEMs we walk thru beams a lot BUT we cover our eyes w/ our hand--(& walk fast!!)
WHEN what you are doing can be done with the lasers on lowest power--do that always!!
hak