Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heyup

Heyup,, I'm from Doncaster, I got interested in lasers throu shooting and night vision. I'm retired due to a flying accident. I can no longer work. I've joined this site to get more knowledge about laser's especially IR lasers. Which I can use for night vision filming and shooting.
Cheers craggrat
Here's a link to YouTube of the kind of shooting I'm interested in using IR laser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trXSg6psfRI

Last edited:

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and this....

33 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

BTW where is Doncaster ???

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Last edited:
Welcome!
If I am correct, Doncaster is in the U.K. not too far from Sheffield.

Yes that's correct.
Have you been there, we go to do shopping at the meadow hall centre in Sheffield

Lasers bee
Doncaster is in Yorkshire (biggest county) UK.

I got a link to this site from another forum I visited. I need to learn more about IR lasers
for night vision.
Cheers craggrat
Ps I'm not clued up on lasers so if I ask anything that sounds a bit stupid. Please be patient. Thanks

Last edited:

Ninja

Heyup craggrat :beer:
that video looks like a IR toarch was used to illuminate out to 120 yards - a laser would produce a small beam or hotspot, no?

Hi ninja
It's a IR laser, and a Sony camcorder with night shoot facility. Some of the guys on the night vision site I'm on shoot out to well over 200yds. If you put chubbtickler in search on YouTube site you'll see some great shooting clips. One of the guys has built a 300mw IR laser with an adjustable beam. And the light that puts out is brilliant. Goes well over 200yds. I'd have thought you guys would have had somethin similar for night vision.
Do you have anything like that in the U.S.
Cheers craggrat

Ninja

nice, we have torch illuminators like the Surefire M1 that can get a similar result as in your video. 880nM IR lasers like the PEQ-2A dual laser/lluminator are only sold to government agencies.
Cheers

Yes that's correct.
Have you been there, we go to do shopping at the meadow hall centre in Sheffield

Lasers bee
Doncaster is in Yorkshire (biggest county) UK.
Haven't been there I have a friend that lived in Sheffield and he talked about the surrounding area.