Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey!

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum! I'm Andrew and I'm looking into building lasers! I've always been interested in electronics - I've been building computers for a while and recently gained a some experience in custom electronics (soldering, building circuits, etc) after building a railgun for my advanced physics class.

Cheers

Burnsy

Heyo

Use the search function, read stickies and enjoy the awesome world of laser safely :)

welcome.gif
to the Forum...
Don't forget to read the Newcomers secttion... the Stickies and the
Forum Rules....
This is perhaps a good place to start...:)

http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/t...scribe-subject-not-woot-check-dude-40185.html

Jerry

See? I'm learning already! So, question: where do you think would be a good place to start for me? I've already got a few <5mw pointers and I've read a considerable amount about laser safety.

You could try to assemble yourself a PHR build, that was my first build.

Kevlar

See? I'm learning already! So, question: where do you think would be a good place to start for me? I've already got a few <5mw pointers and I've read a considerable amount about laser safety.

Welcome to LPF!! :wave:

Just start familiarizing yourself with the forum. If you have something specific your looking for use the search and try different search key words if what you want doesn't come up right away.

Browse the different sections. After you click on each section, you'll notice at the top there will be threads that are "stickies", these are threads that have been shown to have very valuable and useful information, you could read those.

Also, I would recommend starting here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/ (Rules & Stickies) section.