Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey there!

Pixeljoch

Hey there! Pixeljoch here, from the Netherlands, still in high school. I've joined this forum months ago, but I'm actually planning to post a lot more often! I've been doing laser stuff for about 5 months now, with a background of robotics and digital electronics. There was definitely a whole lot of stuff I had to learn when it came to lasers, but I quickly found my footing.

What have I accomplished so far? Not that much honestly. I've build quite a few laser pens by now, but its mostly been a whole lot of messing around with different lasers, both gas and semi. Some of the things I'm most proud of is my 660nm 400mW laser pen, which uses linear components. And my 488nm Skyblue laser pen, which uses my own boost driver, which I recently finished. There's still a bunch I want to do and I'm looking forward sharing and discussing my projects over here!

Here are a few pics I guess. (I know, my soldering skills suck.)

1620427771273.jpg1620427771831.jpg1620427771900.jpg20210209_212015.jpg20210208_173944.jpg

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
You made your own boost driver? That's awesome. We need more drivers tbh. Welcome aboard

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
That 488nm build is really cool! Welcome to the forums. :D

gazer101

I think your soldering looks fine! Do you use a small-tipped iron or a hot air gun for such small circuitry?
I also have a 500mW red keychain laser, those things are great conversation starters lol

Pixeljoch

I think your soldering looks fine! Do you use a small-tipped iron or a hot air gun for such small circuitry?
I also have a 500mW red keychain laser, those things are great conversation starters lol
I usually use a small tip iron, but when my components came in, I was just about to leave to my hackerspace, so I just took them with me and soldered it over there lol. They didnt have a thin tip though, but I managed.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Soldering is an art form. At least that's how I look at it. I feel like I'm painting on a canvas or sculpting.

I have been soldering for 50 years and you will find that the quality of your instruments makes a huge difference. I have many, but use my reflow one that controls the heat thermostatically from 0 degrees C to 500 degrees. It uses both an iron and air depending on what you need. I have other heat controlled irons, but that one is basically all I use now.

welcome--Your English is better than mine--lol
Have you met any members near you?
First one to come to my mind is "MaserPJ'' (Pieter Jan iirc)
He would be a good choice to keep in touch with- he will know when the next meeting will happen & you should attend if you can. afaik his 'focus' is mainly on Laser Projectors .....but can be very helpful with anything about lasers. It was great meeting him at my 1st SELEM event.
We gave PJ a 'metal' for traveling the farthest to attend.
I got one too-- for my PJ in a wood enclosure. 'Most Getto...'
a 'TYPO' ...should have been 'Most Ghetto....' hahah

WELCOME

ALSO your pics are great!
I see a very bright future for you (No Pun Intended)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hakzaw next time ask for permission before giving out personal information of other people. I asked permission for you on discord. He's ok with it. Don't do it again.