Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey LPF!

Gabe

Hello everyone! :D
I wasn't intending to post in here or talk about myself a lot, but I then found out just how open and accepting everyone is here! My name is Gabe, and I am in Edmonton, Canada. I'm only fourteen years old, which is the reason why I wasn't gonna talk about myself much (I have been ridiculed in the past for my age :( ). In spite of my young age, I still have been lurking up quite a storm, for over three to four years, I'll say! I only recently joined, because I found myself visiting here so often I might as well become a member :) . My interests include science, especially in the areas of physics, a lil bit of quantum mechanics, and chemistry. I am looking forward to becoming an active and useful member of the community, and hopefully I can make some good friends in the process!

Last edited:

Gabe

Haha no way H2Oxide! I wasn't expectig to find many other younger people here, but I guess I'm not alone! :) Thanks for the welcome

Sure! There are lots of young people here, this poll shows that there are more 14-17 year-olds on here than any other age group! (Although I'm not to sure about it's accuracy, as it is 4 years old)

Gabe

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised with the amount of young individuals interested in lasers and photonics! Or, I suppose, they just want to burn stuff :evil:

Hey Gabe welcome aboard! You have a great collection of lasers I see. What do you plan on building? Great avatar BTW. Love me some sea cows!
Cheers,
Jeff

Gabe

Hey Jeff!
Haha that's funny you should mention that, I just recently saved up enough money for the parts and accessories to make a nice C6 650nm laser from survival laser! I'm super pumped, not only will this be my first 'build', but also my first real intense burning laser! I see you have a similar laser (I'm expecting an output of ~300mW :O ), how are you liking red in that power?

Hey Jeff!
Haha that's funny you should mention that, I just recently saved up enough money for the parts and accessories to make a nice C6 650nm laser from survival laser! I'm super pumped, not only will this be my first 'build', but also my first real intense burning laser! I see you have a similar laser (I'm expecting an output of ~300mW :O ), how are you liking red in that power?

At first I was a little disappointed that the beam was not very visible even in the dark. However one night last week we had a few days of heavy fog and now its one of my favorite lasers. The divergence on the single mode 650's is impressive. Let us know how your first build goes. I have a 1W 520nm diode and driver to build into a Kryton Groove host with GITD. I bought myself a soldering station and diode press set from Flaminpyro and hope to build it on my days off next week.
here is a pick of my 650 in the fog.
IMG_0537_zps397f28ba.jpg

Gabe

Wow! I don't know what it is, but something about red beams always make me feel
:drool:! And sure, I'll let you guys know how smoothly the assembly goes.