Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey!! just become part of the community

Welcome teslaflux! Seems like you'll be a great addition to the community. As others have said, 5W is an extreme amount of power, I highly do not recommend that as a first laser, 2W is plenty. PL-E pros are awesome lasers, you should totally check out some reviews from here with the white search bar at the bottom of the page. Maybe even my own, eh? *coughcoughlinkisinmysignaturecough*. Heh sorry, I hate those shameless plugs, but I just wanna provide some help :)
Anyways, welcome, have fun, and learn lots!
Hey Gabe

Thanks for the kind words ,i just hope in time i can contribute as much as i recieve in terms of knolledge about the hobbie.

5 watts haha aside that being an expensive first choice the idea of that power i rather intimidating thought for my first laser ,so i will using that advice imedietely haha ,untill i have built up my collection a bit and become more confident with it !

Its my understanding that some laser for a crude example could be one wave length and a lower mw but still have the power of a higher wattage laser eg 1 watt ,could you advise on this.

HAHA dont worry everyone has to shamelessly plug every now and again ,but in this circumstance it was very much to my benifit and really enjoyed the review on the 532nm 300+mW Jetlasers PL-E Pro,like how you documented the process from tracking to use of the fine bit of kit , infact it is making me rather impatient waiting for payday !!!!!

Thanks for the post and pointers!!!

AL

Avoid posting multiple times, try to consolidate your post into one reply. You can use "multiquote" to quote three people (or more) at once. And don't worry about this, everyone does it when they just joined, but people really don't like it.
Cheers for the tips micheal , i have to admit i didnt really like how i was doing it either haha ,thought to myself there has to be a tidier way of doing this ,OCD kicking in there haha !!

Cheers for the tips micheal , i have to admit i didnt really like how i was doing it either haha ,thought to myself there has to be a tidier way of doing this ,OCD kicking in there haha !!

Yeah. Plus it's against to the rules (due to post count).

Its my understanding that some laser for a crude example could be one wave length and a lower mw but still have the power of a higher wattage laser eg 1 watt ,could you advise on this.AL

It sounds like you are referring to the apparent brightness of different wavelengths. The beam of a green laser will be visible/brighter at a lower power than a blue or red laser. That doesn't make it more powerful or more able to do damage or burn things, but makes it more likely to cause flash blindness. This is solely an effect of the human eye and how it perceives various light sources.

It sounds like you are referring to the apparent brightness of different wavelengths. The beam of a green laser will be visible/brighter at a lower power than a blue or red laser. That doesn't make it more powerful or more able to do damage or burn things, but makes it more likely to cause flash blindness. This is solely an effect of the human eye and how it perceives various light sources.
i see sounds about right,thats for the input !i like the idea of having a laser visible from very far away,its kind of amazing to think how far away you could be ,and still see the light disregarding the beam itself.I read an article recently that portayed an experiment done by astronomers that had the intention of aiming a 1 watt blue laser at the international space station as it was passing over ,cutting a long story short they suceeded and was documented and provides an interesting read

It was a while ago now but worth a look

Amateur Astronomers Flash the Space Station

US: Amateur astronomers illuminate International Space Station with spotlights and 1-watt laser | Laser Pointer Safety - Statistics, laws, and general laser pointer news

AL

With no disrespect to the people that remain on topic and helpful,to them..... thank you for your input,to people who find it is best to post off topic digs about my posts and methods i have going about introducing myself ...why ... it an introductory thread designed to welcome new members , and show the faces of this comunity,I have taken micheal rosens comment on board and that all that really neeeds to be said ,by posting off topic comments that are just bitchy in nature, show yourself off this thread because there is no reason to be here if you are not going to converse in all things lasers ,which is the objective of this forum and why i joined , to develop a knollege and converse with like minded people

I am just as bad for posting off topic ,but to whom it may concern let it be part of my introduction to stay on topic and make it a good experience for people who have a a genuine interest in this topic

AL:D

knowledge
:na::crackup:

With no disrespect to the people that remain on topic and helpful,to them..... thank you for your input,to people who find it is best to post off topic digs about my posts and methods i have going about introducing myself ...why ... it an introductory thread designed to welcome new members , and show the faces of this comunity,I have taken micheal rosens comment on board and that all that really neeeds to be said ,by posting off topic comments that are just bitchy in nature, show yourself off this thread because there is no reason to be here if you are not going to converse in all things lasers ,which is the objective of this forum and why i joined , to develop a knollege and converse with like minded people

I am just as bad for posting off topic ,but to whom it may concern let it be part of my introduction to stay on topic and make it a good experience for people who have a a genuine interest in this topic

AL:D

ALright that was deserved ,if you going to make a point make sure that what your trying to aquire is at least spelt correctly right haha :na:

aquire? spelt? :cryyy:

Aquire is the correct spelling-defination of is to obtain/learn devolop...a skill for example

Spelt is a type of wheat , ie spelt wheat ,but also like some words has a different meaning based on the context in which it is used , for this example spelt ,refers to spelling - in the past tense , it is a term more widely used in the uk for in place of spelled ,i hesitated however to use this variation in fear that someone would think i was casting some sort of spell or bad juju.....

and krowbar im dissapointed you had some really good input into this thread:cryyy:

AL

I couldn't resist responding to the irony in that post :)

I forgot that sometimes we spell things differently in the states where it is spelled "acquire", although I'm pretty sure in that case the spelling came that way from our English ancestors.

Have you decided yet on the PLE-pro? I have a hard time paying for something that someone else has built even though I have seen many beautiful lasers offered for sale and made by some of the fantastic people on this forum. I think that's because for me the build is at least as much of the enjoyment as ownership of the final product. I sure wish I had my lathe back so I could make my own hosts instead of using flashlights. Let us all know when you "light up" for the first time so we can share in your excitement !

Went for it !!!now im playing the waiting game,but i hear there pretty speedy,so fingers crossed!heard of someone in norway or something getting it in 3 days which is crazy fast.

I know what you mean,but if there trustworthy and come with a good repuation then who am i to argue ,the joy of making something from scratch though is an unmatched experience , i love electronics and maching so its inevitable that i will dive into that fairly soon i hope

really want a titanium host of somesort speaking about making things !!! haha