Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey i'm new and i have some questions

I've spent most of my childhood playing with the laser pointers i would buy from target or office max or staples or w/e but now i'm ready to move on from the <5mw laser pointers and i have a few questions so i don't hurt anyone:

1. What would the best eye protection be, i'm looking for all around for up to very high powered lasers (later on i'll probably get one when i learn a little more about lasers)

2. What's a good first high powered red burner that's reasonably priced?

3. Whats a good first green that's reasonably priced?

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If your are planning to buy anything on the
Forum.... PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

Go to the Buy/Sell/Trade area to see what is for
sale...
Do a little research in the Laser Sections that interest
you to make yourself more knowlegeable before deciding
what you really want..

If you are looking for one pair of goggles to cover all
wavelengths of Lasers... you better get a 2nd mortgage...
You will need at least 3 pairs of Goggles to cover the
most common Laser wavelength and the 3 would cost
less...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Kevlar

The goggles from dragonlasers don't look as good but are of good quality and less $$. Just another option. :wave:

As far as which red and green lasers are good first choices depends on many factors. Quality being #1. I would suggest you check out B/S/T section as lasersbee suggested and also check out the review section.

If you see something you like post the link back here and we can give our opinions. :beer:

thank for the information guys, it will definitely help me not obliterate my friends or my eyes

Welcome to LPF:D

There are many options for safety goggles, as others above have said it's important to get the right goggles for the frequency you will be working with. Since it hasn't been mentioned, for 405, 445, and 532nm these are very good Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 900-1700nm Laser Safety Goggles

As far as the lasers go, the biggest decision you have to make is with regards to your budget. The different common frequencies all have their upsides. Do a little reading and post on here what you decide to get, the reviews section has a lot of great threads:D