Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey guys i need a little help.

cb19

Ok so i am about to order a laser from laserglow.com. All i want is a 5mw green lase. I was looking around and picked between the laserglow Lyra and the laserglow Altair. the differences between the two is the Altair can focus and the Lyra cant. What is the point of having a focus on a 5mw green laser? because it cant burn anyways. What do you guys think i should get? im just going to be playing around with it. Tell me what you guys think and what one is better for me.
Thanks,
Carson

If your truly only needing a 5 mW laser then I would go for the least expensive one and not worry about focusing ability.

:san:

I'd just get a cheap-ass one from Amazon.com for $7 or whatever they charge if you're going to just play around with it. They do basically the same thing. Get a nicer one if you want to have something that looks nice at a presentation (though honestly, nobody cares about laser pointers at presentations).

cb19

Na guys I just got the Lyra. I wanted a nicer one so it was trusted 5 mW and lasted me a long time.