Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey guys, first post!

What's up fellow laser geeks?

I was wondering...
I'm buying a 445nm Rifle 1W V2 from Lazerer.com soon, when I save up some more money.
This being my first class 4 laser I want some eye protection, and with the purchase you can get eye protection for $5, but I'm not sure how effective this will be against a possible 1300mw laser lol.

I was thinking about getting this: Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles

If the glasses are fine with the rifle then I don't need to spend $40 plus shipping to Canada.
Have any of you guys ordered the glasses from Lazerer.com?

welcome.gif
to the Forum....
Don't forget to read the FAQs...the Stickies
and the Forum Rules..

If you plan on buying anything on the Forum....
PLEASE read this first...

6 Steps To Prevent You From Getting Scammed

and this....

39 Reasons NOT to Buy From Wicked Lasers

If you do get a Laser be sure to get appropriate
Laser Safety Goggles/Glasses...

Good Idea to go with the Eagle Pair...

Enjoy your stay...

Jerry

Last edited:
Hi BCGanja,

It is a much better idea to get the Survival Laser goggles in my opinion. I have a pair of the fitover style Eagle Pair and they work really well which is what you absolutely need with something of that power. The folks on the forums here usually say that Lazerer is an excellent company for Lasers but usually err on the side of caution towards those goggles as they probably let more light through than the Eagle Pair goggles Survival Laser sells. In other words they may be safe for blocking diffuse reflections but less so with a direct hit to the goggles.

Hopefully someone will share their results with the lazerer goggles. I think there was a review of them somewhere but I can't seem to find it unfortunately but I do think the general consensus is that they are not as reliable as Eagle Pair or OEM laser systems goggles which are considered the best from what I have read here.

Edit: If you are thinking of ordering the goggles from Survival Laser I would highly recommend their blue 445nm kits. I will be doing a review of mine shortly that I just received. Garoq (the owner of survival lasers) is one of the nicest people you will meet and is a really helpful and patient person to deal with.

Last edited:
About Lazerer.com, Iv read recently that their 445nm Rifle is not very good quality.
Can you guys recommend a decent priced 1W 445nm laser, idk about the one from O-like but it looks pretty nice.