Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey everyone, rejoining the site. In Chandler, AZ.

Matthew488

I used to be a member here around 10yrs ago when I was first getting into the lasers. Been out of it since then but getting the bug again. We use 45W laser printers at work so with doing more with them and repairs to them have dug out some of my old stuff that I had. Have a 35mw and 200mw 532nm and a 1W 445nm. Still looking for the box that has the 200mw green, LPM and 2 pairs of laser safety glasses in it. Looking to get a more powerful green and better LPM.
Currently in Chandler AZ.

Last edited:

Welcome back. You may have missed the days when we had a lot of LPMs to choose from. There is still eBay, though.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back, Matthew, it's always nice to see returning members. :)

Always great to see returning members. Soon there will be a revival of the popular JETLASERS Group Buys. I have some great LMPs for sale and can offer shipping free with any JL laser you buy.
The sale will be mostly PL-E Minis and the matching Beam Expanders , but any item at JL can be added.
I am curious why you made a new member name. It matters not. Maybe a new intro of yourself would be a good idea. I feel that adding something in its title about your location is a great way to discover members close enough to share lasers. Any member who owns a LPM will meter your collection and, of course-- free.
Sadly this new forum no longer makes it easy to be in touch with local members .. no friending- no location showing every time we post and no social groups. The way it is now we need to go to each members profile and hope they put their location there, LEMs (Laser meets) are now harder to hold as we cannot easily invite members near enough to attend. Someone will always be left out of these awesome laser gatherings. Ask anyone who has ever attended a SELEM. (search SELEM Laser here and at google). IICR This will be year 14 for SELEM. (Now up to 5 days and 3 venues at the same location) SELEM is 'Laserpazoola'- 'LaserStock'-and 'LaserCom'.

First timers often say the will not miss another, wished it lasted longer and many make plans to host their own LEM. I personally have met more than 100 members-and the family/friends who BTW attend SELEM at no charge (only laser forum members must pay). Almost all forum members have never, in person, met any laser forum members. I feel blessed to have met some VIPs who attend SELEM--like Dr Sam, Bill Benner, Pat Murphy, Greg Makov, and more. Also I have had the pleasure of meeting notable forum members such as Dr Lava, Daguin, Adam B.(buffo), Displaser, deslijon and some ATM I cannot remember. (that happens when you are 72)

Hope to see you someday at a LEM.

Matthew488

Always great to see returning members. Soon there will be a revival of the popular JETLASERS Group Buys. I have some great LMPs for sale and can offer shipping free with any JL laser you buy.
The sale will be mostly PL-E Minis and the matching Beam Expanders , but any item at JL can be added.
I am curious why you made a new member name. It matters not. Maybe a new intro of yourself would be a good idea. I feel that adding something in its title about your location is a great way to discover members close enough to share lasers. Any member who owns a LPM will meter your collection and, of course-- free.
Sadly this new forum no longer makes it easy to be in touch with local members .. no friending- no location showing every time we post and no social groups. The way it is now we need to go to each members profile and hope they put their location there, LEMs (Laser meets) are now harder to hold as we cannot easily invite members near enough to attend. Someone will always be left out of these awesome laser gatherings. Ask anyone who has ever attended a SELEM. (search SELEM Laser here and at google). IICR This will be year 14 for SELEM. (Now up to 5 days and 3 venues at the same location) SELEM is 'Laserpazoola'- 'LaserStock'-and 'LaserCom'.

First timers often say the will not miss another, wished it lasted longer and many make plans to host their own LEM. I personally have met more than 100 members-and the family/friends who BTW attend SELEM at no charge (only laser forum members must pay). Almost all forum members have never, in person, met any laser forum members. I feel blessed to have met some VIPs who attend SELEM--like Dr Sam, Bill Benner, Pat Murphy, Greg Makov, and more. Also I have had the pleasure of meeting notable forum members such as Dr Lava, Daguin, Adam B.(buffo), Displaser, deslijon and some ATM I cannot remember. (that happens when you are 72)

Hope to see you someday at a LEM.
Forgot my username/ password from back then, so after a few tries I just setup a new one. Lol

sounds like something that would happen to me. I am very good at forgetting passwords,,,lol

Happy that you made an intro. I am sure there are more but Swamidog iirc is there and he would know of other Az members. His stuff blows me away. Very talented, artistic and friendly ---he goes to most SELEMs in Newton N.C. (Aug) If someone were only to make just one LEM--SELEM would be the best choice. I made 5 in a row but health and budget issues made me miss 3, Saving up now to make SELEM 2020. Hope to see you there. Lots has been written here on SELEM including almost every way to keep the cost down. It does not have to cost a fortune.
From Tex we drive around 16 hours and worth every one.

We 'network' stuff like rental cars, room and suite sharing and more. There is no need to rent a car when others have done so and you can catch a ride both ways if timed right.

PM coming with links---peace----Len

Matthew488

I have all my passwords on a piece of paper just for that reason.
True. But in the last 10yrs since then I've gone through bankruptcy, moved multiple times, got married, going through divorce. If I had it written down I'll probably never find it. Lol

Matthew488

sounds like something that would happen to me. I am very good at forgetting passwords,,,lol

Happy that you made an intro. I am sure there are more but Swamidog iirc is there and he would know of other Az members. His stuff blows me away. Very talented, artistic and friendly ---he goes to most SELEMs in Newton N.C. (Aug) If someone were only to make just one LEM--SELEM would be the best choice. I made 5 in a row but health and budget issues made me miss 3, Saving up now to make SELEM 2020. Hope to see you there. Lots has been written here on SELEM including almost every way to keep the cost down. It does not have to cost a fortune.
From Tex we drive around 16 hours and worth every one.

We 'network' stuff like rental cars, room and suite sharing and more. There is no need to rent a car when others have done so and you can catch a ride both ways if timed right.

PM coming with links---peace----Len
Nice, I'll have look into that. If there are some people here in AZ that are at the point of building there own lasers and or selling them would be great!

Matthew488

Any recommendations between Sanwu lasers or Thanhtung lasers for buying a new one?