Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey everybody!

adamk

Hey my name is Adam, I'm 23 and I fairly recently got interested in lasers and the like. Just wanted to introduce myself to the community after lurking around some threads for a bit.

Also wanted to say I am starting my first build! A 2W M140 from dtr. Hopefully I did not bite off more than I can chew for my first build, but we'll see!

I will post if I have any problems or questions! :beer:

Hi adamk, that is a beefy first build but there are many pros here that are more than willing to help out if you get stuck. The search bar at the bottom of the page works much better than the top one. Be sure to use safety goggles rated for that diodes wave length and power output. Have fun and be safe :)

adamk

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I got a pair of safety glasses that somebody else on the forums torture tested with the M140 diode. :D

Last night I tried putting together the diode with the Buck driver I purchased. Got a little frustrated with my mediocre soldering skills and so without noticing I switched the wires going from the batteries to the driver. Blew out the driver instantly :banghead: there goes $26! hopefully the driver protected the diode!

ordered a new driver so ill be triple checking all connections before hooking up the unit!

adamk

Thanks for letting me know about the search bar at the bottom. Ive been using the one at the top and noticing that it kind of sucked

Last edited: