Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey all

Hey everybody,

So I just got an amazzzing deal of a lifetime today and I wanted to share, ask a few questons, and hopefully some insight.

I was poking on Craigslist and I came across a listing for a "Military grade green laser pointer" so I messaged and the guy told me to meet up with him and check it out.
Turns out, he is a NAVY SEAL and this pointer was used to "paint" targets in the desert for missile strikes... i thought this guy was full of sh!t, but he took me into his garage, and in this massive work bench was nothing but hardcore assault rifles, a PSG-1 sniper rifle... i thought i was in a real life call of duty modern warfare scene. Long (but awesome story short) he sold me this little setup for $20 and a beer, why so cheep? he simply was issued a stronger, sleeker one.

Anyways, this thing is totally blacked out, no model number, or anything to even try and distinguish what kind of laser it is. All i know its super super super solid body, and the brightest thing I have ever seen in my life. here are a few pictures i just took, any feedback, advice, or ideas would kick ass!!

Thanks for an amazing community of laser enthusiastics, I will be here and very active!!

Take care,

GO PACKERS!

Philly
057afa89.jpg

7bf63420.jpg

Last edited:

Cam453

That thing looks ominous lol :drool:

Welcome to the forum and not sure if you have these or not but you should look into a pair of goggles that cover both green and ir wavelengths.

Hmm, since you don't have a LPM, test it by burning stuff?

Oh, and you're going to need laser glasses if it's powerful enough. I'm guessing it is, so you should go buy some.

Hmm, since you don't have a LPM, test it by burning stuff?

Oh, and you're going to need laser glasses if it's powerful enough. I'm guessing it is, so you should go buy some.

one step ahead thanks though,,

right now this beam looks like I am Luke Skywalker, it's super huge, it does have a rotating top piece he said that acts like a focus...i want to bring down the size of the dot to more civilian size rather then calling in airstrikes lol...also right now in Milwaukee, WI it's pouring out but i wanna go play...any weatherproofing tips?

Cam453

I'd say just wait to avoid ruining the laser. There's no fun if it's broken. ;)

That guy was full of poo. When they issue you stuff in the military, you don't get to keep it, they sure as hell don't issue out "surefire" batteries, and they don't do things like put key locking safety devices on them. :rolleyes:

Also, why would they use a bright green, visible laser for target painting? It's like saying, "Here I am, please call in an artillery strike on me now".

Anyway, $20 bucks is still a heck of a deal. Welcome to the forums. Have fun and be safe!

That guy was full of poo. When they issue you stuff in the military, you don't get to keep it, they sure as hell don't issue out "surefire" batteries, and they don't do things like put key locking safety devices on them. :rolleyes:

Also, why would they use a bright green, visible laser for target painting? It's like saying, "Here I am, please call in an artillery strike on me now".

Anyway, $20 bucks is still a heck of a deal. Welcome to the forums. Have fun and be safe!

I agree. AFAIK they use IR to "paint" targets because its almost invisible. That looks like an older style Chinese laser. But, for $20 you really cant go wrong if you can see the beam clearly.

It will be hard for you to burn stuff without goggles. The beam is very bright so its casts a large spot. The laser needs to be focused to a pinpoint to burn, and they only way to see the pinpoint is goggles. Also if it is high power, it can do major damage to your eyes, and the peoples/animals eyes around you. So always be aware of where you point it.

Last edited: