Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hercules!

Damn, those Hercules lasers look enticing! I think I'll wait some time before deciding whether I go with A Hercules series, a Nova series or Optotronics. All seem on par with one another. They all are high caliber companies which makes a decision like this even more difficult.

Hercules out of them is the biggest but gives a 100% duty cycle and you can get the highest power model with herc it is the worlds most powerful green handheld i believe. (someone correct me if im wrong)

Daedal

I think they very much are the most powerful portable lasers worldwide :) No doubt about it! Where else can you get a 600+ mW green DPSS laser that fits in your pocket? ;D And that's not just a claim!! :eek: :cool:

--DDL

Milos

"fits in your pocket" ??
You must have pretty big pockets. Or maybe a Hercules moded pocket ::) That thing is GIANT.

I think Hercules above 350mW are are way too expensive. For up to 400mW of green I think RPLs are a lot more affordable and smaller (actually pocket-able).

Then again, Hercules offers what no one else does: hand held 400-600mW with 100% duty cycle.

Gazoo

One must also consider the peak power of the Herc. For example a Herc-300 will have a peak output of around 400mw's. IMO the Herc-300 is where I would draw the line. It is expensive enough as it is but the difference in price for the higher powered Herc is just too much. Now if I was rich, of course I would but a Herc-400 or higher.. ;D

The Herc is huge and runs on D batteries. I do very much also like the RPL's. It would be a very tough decision for me if I had to decide between the two, and that day is coming.

Things

uses D batteries? that thing must be huge!!! although if i had a couple of grand, i would definately buy one, but that amount of money for me is FAR away ;D

aw i cant remember where
but theres a good comparison pic between the aries and the herc
the thing is like a baseball bat!

Aseras

hercariesrpl.jpg

Herc, aries and RPL in order.