Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hep identify this SMD

So long story short I washed a really sweet flashlight one too many times and it stopped worked. I originally thought water damage but if I tapped the light I got flashes from the LED which indicated to me a short somewhere. Upon opening her up I discovered the LED positive had snapped off the PCB (probably from all the banging in the wash). To re-solder this I had to pull out the guts. After heating up the epoxy I began to pry it what I thought was a clear spot on the board. In reality I shattered this little guy. It needs to be replaced and I have no idea what it is.

Position looks to be U3 on this board and it has what looks like 3036 written on it. 3 Contact points on the lower side and two up top. I need to know the name and package size so I can order one and see if I can resurrect this light. It is maybe 3mm from end to end and about half that in width.

Picture left large intentionally.

ARG

Note sure what it is, but the package size is a SOT-23-5

aaIBubS.png

ARG

But then either the GND or Vout pin has been removed which doesn't work :p

Got any pics from the other angle speedy? Is it a SOT-23-6 with a pin clipped?

There does not appear to be any clipped pins. The other side has a small ridge in between the two pins that just looks like where the two sides were bound together.

The fact that the silkscreen had a U identifier says that it is a microchip of some kind, probably a linear regulator. Transistors generally use Q as an identifier.

If you can draw up a schematic by following the traces (huge pain in the ass) then we could probably work out what it was.

Many SMD devices clip the middle pin and use the mounting Tab as the connection, this wasn't done here but a replacement part could have that Pinout.