Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HENE Melles Griot laser with power supply

Unfortunately no, because I have little to no experience with wiring, so I don't know how to plug it in.
I can confirm that it works, because I took it to my electrician friends shop about two weeks ago where he did get it to work, but I did not think about taking pictures at the time.

daguin

Alexizupinhea has the right price range for this type of laser.

If you want me to check it out, you can send it to me and I will posts its spec's. If you want to sell it, I can either hold it for you and ship to the buyer or I can ship it back to you.

You are responsible for the shipping costs

Peace,
dave

Trevor

If this outputs close to the rated power (given the power supply voltage, I suspect it may), I'm quite interested.

-Trevor

I want to see you light it up. Just cut a lamp cord, and attach the wires to the white and brown ones. Wire nuts, or even just electrical tape would work.

I'm sure it will light up, but may I ask why in particular you guys are looking for it to be near it's full rated specs? You could get a 200mW red diode laser and a 2mW He-Ne gas laser for probably the same price.

I want to see you light it up. Just cut a lamp cord, and attach the wires to the white and brown ones. Wire nuts, or even just electrical tape would work.

I'll try today.
My problem after looking at it is, there is some sort of plug at the front that I dont know what to do with, and secondly I dont want to cut the wires.
I'll probably send it to daguin.

Last edited:

Trevor

I'm sure it will light up, but may I ask why in particular you guys are looking for it to be near it's full rated specs? You could get a 200mW red diode laser and a 2mW He-Ne gas laser for probably the same price.

Because 10mW+ of 632.8nm is of interest for people into gas lasers. It's not all about burning, my friend. :)

-Trevor

Kulhu

i would but i have a dollar on my pp account:( ill send you a couple cheap greenies... :hopes:

My problem after looking at it is, there is some sort of plug at the front that I dont know what to do with,

pics? It sounds just like some kind of proprietary power plug that will be cut off anyway.

Last edited:
That looks more like a plug for power in, not power out. The insulation isn't beefy enough.

I think brown is live and blue is neutral.

Last edited:

daguin

http://imgur.com/9PfJW.jpg
http://imgur.com/yBGJ0.jpg
That is the plug I'm talking about.

From googling the alden plug, I think that is the one that connects the laser to the power supply.
The one where after connecting it to the laser and powering the laser you have to discharge or you get a nasty shock.

That looks more like a plug for power in, not power out. The insulation isn't beefy enough.

I think brown is live and blue is neutral.

Yes. That is the mains supply plug. The color code is printed right on the PSU (see this pic)

http://i.imgur.com/r3BMB.jpg

You would probably just cut that "plug" off and connect a cord to the correct wires for mains power

Peace,
dave

Brown is live and white is neutral.

You can just cut that plug off. It's useless.