Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help?

Okay, so I pretty much know nothing about lasers...my friend brought a green one on a camping trip last week and I thought it was really cool and thought it would be neat to buy one. I'm not sure, but I think his was a 5mw one. I looked around briefly on the web and came across this:
http://www.microfiber-products-online.com/grlapoblfitr.html
Are these any good? I'm looking to spend less than 50$. Can anyone point me in a good direction or tell me which one I should get?
Thanks!

D

Deleted member 8382

omg use the search button.

go dealexterme, if you are in usa go ledshope, 50mw is 20$~, forget bout this link you found.

Howdy, & welcome to our Forum. To answer your question, use the SEARCH BUTTON, or check out the REVIEW SECTION of the Forum. Good Luck..........rob

so i went to ledshope.com like hallucynogenyc said, but i couldn't find laser points, just a bunch of LED diodes and stuff that had LED in it. I don't know anything about lasers, so am I just being stupid and finding the right stuff?

okay, disregard taht last post, it was ledshoppe, not ledshope. i went to that site and found the 50mW for 25$. what is the difference between the cheaper ones and that? is it brighter or something? also, do i need to get goggles for something like tihs?

karbon

okay, disregard taht last post, it was ledshoppe, not ledshope. i went to that site and found the 50mW for 25$. what is the difference between the cheaper ones and that? is it brighter or something? also, do i need to get goggles for something like tihs?

Ledshoppe and dealextreme are probably your best bet. Cheaper lasers such as the ones discussed will have a cheaper build quality, as well as variable power/strength. For example a cheap laser advertised as 50mw may hit it for a few seconds but average out at about 30mw. More expensive lasers which are advertised at 50mw, would almost definatly average at about 60-70mw and are much more reliable. For what you are looking for, you dont need to go above a cheap 50mw yet, this will be brighter than you will imagine and will suit your needs. As a side note, a 50mw laser would not be 10x more powerful than a 5mw, it doesnt work like that.

As far as safety goes, im not the best person to ask, but i would recommend eye protection for lasers rated >50mw certainly, but for lower powered ones, safety goggles are optional. Its shocking how many people have damage their eyes through lasers, just be careful for reflections.

As a side note to all new users looking to buy lasers, stay away from ebay and amazon, they are full of scams and cheap, crappy lasers

Hope this helps, Phil

Last edited:
ok perfectlasers thats better first post three year old thread second two year old this ones fresh 1 year old lol great job

If you are going to operate a (Greater than) >5-10mW Laser indoors...
appropriate Laser Safety Goggles are highly recommended...
There is a much higher risk indoors to receive a reflected stray beam
into the eyes...
Safety first.... always...:cool:

Jerry

This thread is kind of out of date. Please don't bring up old threads like this perfectlasers.