Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP!

ben74

I was putting a 5mW module in a leadlight to try it out, when i pushed it in and i did not want the hole thing to go in as its  tight put it just slipped in. The button is not alined with the hole for the button as its pushed to far in. Is there a way i could get it out with heat or cold as the leadlight is stainless steel and the module is brass?

Attachments

• DSC00757_001.JPG
    DSC00757_001.JPG
    604.4 KB · Views: 64

Yep, using a lens nut to connect another module (glass lens is better) and pull it out. ;)
________ ___ ________
|_______||__||_______|

ben74 said:
I was putting a 5mW module in a leadlight to try it out, when i pushed it in and i did not want the hole thing to go in as its  tight put it just slipped in. The button is not alined with the hole for the button as its pushed to far in. Is there a way i could get it out with heat or cold as the leadlight is stainless steel and the module is brass?

wow that is a very smart Idea i'm impressed (doesn't take much for that by the way )  [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

ben74

Thats a great idea but its to tight. I managed to screw one in but it wont come out, would heating it up or making it cold help but the metal expanding.

One more try. ;D Must get it out. ;D

Attachments

• remove-m.JPG
    remove-m.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 74

Ace82

You could try to push it in further, maybe what ever is keeping it tight will allow it to come loose, or maybe you can push the entire thing through the back? You can't push it from the inside either because of the driver or something?

daguin

Maybe I'm missing something. but I cannot get these two statements to work together:

"It just slipped in"
&
"It's too tight to pull out"

Are you trying to "save" the 5mW module? If not just push it out from the other end with something. If you are, you can get a drift punch or something else long and thin enough to slip past the switch board and push against the module only. Barring those two options, you could screw a lens in backwards (all the way) and use that surface to push the module out the back end.

Peace,
dave

ben74

I wont be abel to push it through. I am trying to save it after i put it in "danger" as its around 40mWIsh. I will try to find a long thin piece of metal, that fits around the driver board and push the module, like what dagiun said.