Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help

Laserzbruh

Hey so I'm new in the whole laser realm, but I just want to get an insanely powerful blue laser at least 3W if not more for the best price possible and quickest shipping time in the USA. I wanted to get the Arctic but then everyone said they rip people off and I've read that a lot of other companies are doing that too. Where can I get a good one that's actually the power advertised and isn't crazy overpriced

Nae K

I don't know about 3W. If you do build one yourself, A diode/set up paul1598419 recommended to me was the 2W M140 diode at 445nm, I'm still waiting on some heatsinks to come in from DTR to complete the build but I live in New England and I was able to find one for 18 dollars in Southwick Mass, and it arrived in a week. I don't know what part of the USA you're in but shopping around on Ebay works out, I also see a 3.5W 445nm diode on DTR with a gball though. I have a 445nm 1.5W from Kardel and they sell a 3W version for 130-140 USD. So if you want one pre-built check that out, mine shipped out of California probably a warehouse that gets products from China so they ship quicker in the US. But the pricing could be considered a rip off like Arctic. This is just my 2 Cents, I'm sure someone else on the forum could provide you with some better sources but my advice would be look around on Ebay since that worked for me.

Nae K

Hey so I'm new in the whole laser realm, but I just want to get an insanely powerful blue laser at least 3W if not more for the best price possible and quickest shipping time in the USA. I wanted to get the Arctic but then everyone said they rip people off and I've read that a lot of other companies are doing that too. Where can I get a good one that's actually the power advertised and isn't crazy overpriced
Also considering that you're new, people stressed safety to me when I was new and I think that's perfect so I'm doing the same here. Wear glasses, you only have one set of eyes. https://www.survivallaserusa.com/Ea...rd_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p1667092_7862033.aspx THIS is the pair I use for blue lasers, they're OD5(Optical density) and they cover 190-540nm so visible violet, blue and green are covered. I also found this post pretty helpful https://laserpointerforums.com/thre...checklist-be-aware-of-your-environment.97407/

Yes, buy the laser safety glasses at the same time or sooner, they are a good tool that lets you see what your laser spot is doing while protecting your eyes, you don't want to look at the spot up close such as on your desktop without the proper attenuation glasses designed for the wavelength you are using.

You get the best deal when you DIY, you can ask Lifetime17 about a ready to use host and parts are available many places, also Sanwu sells complete units but that will cost more than building your own.

diachi

Yes, buy the laser safety glasses at the same time or sooner, they are a good tool that lets you see what your laser spot is doing while protecting your eyes, you don't want to look at the spot up close such as on your desktop without the proper attenuation glasses designed for the wavelength you are using.

You get the best deal when you DIY, you can ask Lifetime17 about a ready to use host and parts are available many places, also Sanwu sells complete units but that will cost more than building your own.

JetLasers would be a good option too. Have heard nothing but good things about them.

Laserzbruh

Thanks
JetLasers would be a good option too. Have heard nothing but good things about them.

Ok thanks for the input. Has anyone heard anything about this laser/website? https://burninglaserpointer.com/tha...pointer-the-most-powerful-handheld-laser.html

Nae K

Thanks

Ok thanks for the input. Has anyone heard anything about this laser/website? https://burninglaserpointer.com/tha...pointer-the-most-powerful-handheld-laser.html
Yes, that's actually where I purchased the Kardel 3W 445nm I also got a 200mw 405NM, the seller threw in batteries for free but they were Ultrafires so I didn't use them, also had some fake safety glasses that I tossed which turned out to be laser enhancing glasses so don't use those if you buy from them. Pricing is weird on that site but they've delivered quickly to me which you said you're looking for.

Laserzbruh

Yes, that's actually where I purchased the Kardel 3W 445nm I also got a 200mw 405NM, the seller threw in batteries for free but they were Ultrafires so I didn't use them, also had some fake safety glasses that I tossed which turned out to be laser enhancing glasses so don't use those if you buy from them. Pricing is weird on that site but they've delivered quickly to me which you said you're looking for.

Ok good to know. I think I'm gonna go with this thanos 5W. So if anyone knows anything else about it or where to get it cheaper let me know cuz I'll be ordering very soon :D

Burninglaserpointer.com has not got a brilliant reputation around here - There's the odd good story - but paying nearly $500 for a 5W 445 in that host seems a bit of a waste...

Kind of looks like the host of a Thor M2. You might want to look at the offerings from Sanwu. 5W is also an insane amount of power which is way over the top if you're starting out in lasers.

Nae K

Burninglaserpointer.com has not got a brilliant reputation around here - There's the odd good story - but paying nearly $500 for a 5W 445 in that host seems a bit of a waste...
Yeah I agree, that's why I was thinking DIY, BLP resell a lot of stuff from other sites. I bought a 1.5W 445nm from them before I realized DIY building lasers was cheaper and much more fun.

Yep, they're resellers - and it's usually far cheaper to find the source. If you want to spend that kind of money you might want to look at something like the Sanwu Striker with the 5W 445nm Diode for $370. Sure it's made in china - but it's a lot more laser for quite a lot less money. Alternatively, look into threads for building one - as this can be a lot of fun too.

Encap

Last edited:

Laserzbruh

Yeah I agree, that's why I was thinking DIY, BLP resell a lot of stuff from other sites. I bought a 1.5W 445nm from them before I realized DIY building lasers was cheaper and much more fun.

I may build one in the future but I wanna learn a little more about that first. For now I just wanna get a really powerful one that can burn stuff easily

Laserzbruh

Buy a 4 or 5W PLE-Pro from Jetlasers, the manufacturer, and save a couple of hundred dollars. see: https://www.jetlasers.org/index.php...o/105-holster-no/43-power_levels-4w_focusable

BLP is a rip off reseller illegally selling lasers >5mW out of Chino Califirnia.
Legal max output for lasers as items of commerce for sale to the USA from within USA is <5mW.
Is likely they will get shut down by US FDA

But I can get a 4W (they don't have 5) from this jetlaser place with no issue?