Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with TTL modulation Driver design

Sorry if this has been posted I looked around the forum for a few hours but didn't see it. But my question is could someone help me with the schematic of this driver. Here is the link to the board http://www.aixiz.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/28/products_id/104.
My goal of the project is to incorporate this driver into the Ramps 1.4 3d printer board. Currently I am using the ramps and this board but the ramps has all this extra stuff as it was made to use extruders. So I would remove those and add in this circuitry. I'm just having a hard time figuring out what the schematic is. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Aleksa

What do you want to do with the board? What are you planing to use it for? :)

It is going to be used in a SLA 3d printer. It will be something similar to this http://www.muve3d.net/press/. The ramps will use a modified version of the Marlin firmware to control both the laser and motors. The xy is being based off the Morgan reprap. The reason I want to compress into one is that the ramps shield coasts around $45 but most of the components on it are not used in a SLA based printer and I have the diode driver separate with wires from the laser to the driver and from the driver to the ramps. Not very clean in my opinion. I have the modified board all done up in Cadsoft and just waiting to get the driver schematic added.
Nate

Last edited:

Aleksa

So if i understand correctly,you want to drive a laser and motors with a TTL driver stated above? And the TTL signal will be coimng form Ramps? Don't get me wrong,english is not my home language,so i might not understand fully.

So if i understand correctly,you want to drive a laser and motors with a TTL driver stated above? And the TTL signal will be coimng form Ramps? Don't get me wrong,english is not my home language,so i might not understand fully.

So currently I can control the laser using the driver board with wires to the ramps D9 pin for powering the driver and the ramps D5 pin for the modulation. Since the ramps was made for a FDM based printer there is a lot of extras that aren't needed(thermistors, Heaters/fans, extruder stepper driver). So I have eliminated the extra stuff and created a schematic in Eagle and will replace it with the laser driver components but am having a hard time getting the schematic figured out of the diode driver to add to my modified ramps board. I hope this clarified things. Here is a link to the Ramps board http://reprap.org/wiki/RAMPS_1.4.

Last edited:
I have a couple of these drivers, but have never tried reversing them. The easiest way to do reverse
engineering on high density double sided boards like this is to take a heat gun and wipe all the components
off the board so you can see all traces clearly. You're going to throw out the board anyway, so no big loss.
Otherwise it's a lot of head scratching and poking around with a multimeter. When/if you get it figured out,
please post the results here as I'm also interested in the design.

You might also want to provide pads/holes for a larger transistor and sense resistor because once you get it
working with 400mW diodes, you will find yourself wanting more power. As is, they need to be
heatsinked to do over 300mA.

I work with AixiZ-- but this is beyond our ability to offer much help--AixiZ cannot always answer every question-As They are a parts seller and advice cannot always be had-- If you ask AixiZ for help you very likely will be sent to me so I will save you from that..Chuck's PHD is in medical applications of lasers---he even holds several
patents-so for you help may come quicker and better from this forum....good luck---hak