Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with red module! :)

Hey all

Just found a aixiz module with a red diode and rdkstr driver, how do I check what ma it's set to and what batteries should I power it with?

Hey all

Just found a aixiz module with a red diode and rdkstr driver, how do I check what ma it's set to and what batteries should I power it with?

Just to clarify, by module you mean that the diode attached to the driver, correct?

First off,

Look at the driver, does it have a pot or no?
If it doesn't have a pot, what are the resistors labeled as?

IIRC the voltage drop on rkcstr drivers is 2.25v
Your going to need at least 7.25V to power it, and the rkcstr driver has a maximum voltage in of 12v.

Okay I think it's set to 390ma just checking old pms about the order. I'll check if it has a pot when I get home.. Just want to build a labby with it.. What's the highest ma I can safely run an lpc-815 at? With good heatsinking..

we use to run them at 400-420mA normally, but even at that it will die eventually......

Sweet, thoughts on best battery configuration? Also, any good cheap host put there for red builds? :)

any 2x lithiums should work fine. at long as your in the 7.25-12v range.

Last edited:
First off,

Look at the driver, does it have a pot or no?
If it doesn't have a pot, what are the resistors labeled as?

IIRC the voltage drop on rkcstr drivers is 2.25v
Your going to need at least 7.25V to power it, and the rkcstr driver has a maximum voltage in of 12v.

How do you find a voltage drop in a laser?