Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP with PLS6.150D

cizin91

Hi I have had this machine for about 3 years and has been going smooth, however i am having an issue cutting a file.

File in question is

Filetobeprinted..jpg

This is the file, the red lines are for vector cutting and the black parts are for raster. But as soon as i print the file the ULS control panel turns the curves of the file into Tangents or weird splines as shown in the image below:
ULSCPpicture.jpg

I am not sure what the issue is. Below are the settings i am using:
Settings.jpg

I have tried the following:

- Replace the X - belt and the bearings
- Clean the lenses and the mirror.
- Manually Focus the laser
- Tried cutting on thinner piece
- Tried at different power settings

If you have any suggestions it would be a great help.

Also i suck at posting in forums so if any of my file formats etc are wrong i do apologies.

Thanks in advance.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Replacing parts and trying the pattern on thinner stock won't fix your software issue. Your software isn't following the curves correctly and the splines you're getting are the result of rounding errors. Your software may have some type of 'noise' cleanup function that's set too aggressively.

cizin91

Yea i figured it was an issue between the file and the software. Would you by chance have any idea where i can find the noise reduction. I looked up on google for this issue but nothing there.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I'm not familiar with your particular software but my initial thought is that your solution is in this window: 1605039291023.png

cizin91

Thanks for your help. I think i have fixed the issue. The culprit was Corel Draw version x6 I had. I just tested in the 2020 Corel version and it worked like a charm.