Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with PHR-803T's, PLEASE !

I'm trying to build a blu-ray with a PHR-803T. I cant get any of my diodes to work. I have built a lot of reds and several blu-rays, with the weak Play station dides, and have not had any problems. Now I cant get past hooking up the driver. Frustrated as hell ! I'm using rkcstr's micro-driners. I can take the rkcstr adjustable low range off my weak PS diode, short it and hook it to my 803T and get nothing. I've used a 9V battery, and 6 AA batteries and still nothing. I've tried an adjustable full range and high range (rkcstr) starting with pot turned all the way down and turn slowly up, nothing. I then can take the same drivers and hook back to PS diode and it works fine. Shorting driver each time. I know I must be doing something wrong but I'm to mad at myself to figure it out. I have gone through 6-7 PHR-803T's, so it's not the diodes. Could anyone please tell me what I should do. Thank's Drew.

:eek: do you have the right pins and everything? I built mine on my first try following styropyro's video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVugSGldXZ8[/media]

Did you solder the driver? It sounds like you didn't, because you said you switched the drivers. If you did, you can't keep soldering and desoldering, the heat would break the diode.

Once I had problems with first one, I solder wire to pins so I would not keep soldering diode directly to driver. I did not want to keep putting heat or solder on diodes or drivers.

Thank's for video. I thought the negative pin was whe one grounded to base. Now I know! At least it will be a easy fix. Thank's again.

DREW8110 said:
Thank's for video. I thought the negative pin was whe one grounded to base. Now I know! At least it will be a easy fix. Thank's again.
no problem, good luck on your build ;)

I solder to LD's all the time and NEVER overheated the diode.
Are you guys using torches to do the soldering? How many hundred watts?
Those little wires solder almost instantly if using proper soldering methods.

Mike

I'm using rkcstr's [highlight]micro-driners.[/highlight] Thank's Drew. [/quote]

Theres the problem! :D

--hydro15