Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Help with nubm44

Yoshi1988

Hey so for some reason my nubm44 has a lot of splash and almost a double beam.. It doesn't burn as well and even with different lenses it still produces almost like 2 side by side beams instead of 1 solid beam.. Any help or information as to why this may be happening is greatly appreciated.

RedCowboy

Any pics?

Take the batteries out, then get a pic of the diodes window, you can look at it through magnification after the batteries are removed, it could be your diodes window, I have eight nubm44's and have only cracked one from contamination getting on the window, but it can happen.

diachi

Any pics?

Take the batteries out, then get a pic of the diodes window, you can look at it through magnification after the batteries are removed, it could be your diodes window, I have eight nubm44's and have only cracked one from contamination getting on the window, but it can happen.

And if it is damage/contimation to the window you can clean it using a drill press and a 3mm bit. :crackup:

Just joking... don't do that!

10fenny

Omg drill out the window.. ha. Oh man what happend to that tard? Yes we need pics

diachi

Omg drill out the window.. ha. Oh man what happend to that tard? Yes we need pics

Thankfully banned, although I missed most of the drama in my absence, I read back through it, good laugh at least.

Yes - pictures will help - if it's just the window you at least have the option of getting it decanned.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
And if it is damage/contimation to the window you can clean it using a drill press and a 3mm bit. :crackup:

Just joking... don't do that!

Diachi, this the best advice I have ever been given for this sort of problem. I am going to go home and sort out my NUBM44 right away. While I'm at it I need to clean up my 589 Spartan. :crackup:

diachi

Diachi, this the best advice I have ever been given for this sort of problem. I am going to go home and sort out my NUBM44 right away. While I'm at it I need to clean up my 589 Spartan. :crackup:

You need a 6mm bit for the spartan. ;)

DTR

LPF Site Supporter
Yep a picture of the raw output on a wall will help quite a bit in determining if there is an issue with the diode itself. Like this.