Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with 1st 405nm build.

I am a n00by to LPF and to the laser building community so I would like to say hello and THANKS in advance. :thanks:

I have a 405nm 150w diode, a flexdrive v5 driver, a MXDL 6volt (3)AAA) Flashlight host(1) BIG ChUnK Heat Sink, aixiz module with glass lens

My question is with this host what is the best batteries to use for my voltage to be right for my diode and driver, any is there
a battery extension tube for the MXDL to make this happen if 2 cells are needed?

See below the host battery capabilities.
Host ability to use (1) 22600 Battery with NO modifications.or to use (1) 18650 Battery with a small modification.

Wow this is some old gear - when did you buy it?

In any event, FlexDrive is a boost driver IIRC, so you need to use LESS input voltage than what diode needs at nominal current, which is around 5.5-6 V, so best bet for you is to use one lithium ion cel.

One 22600 should be quite good, it's a beefy battery and it will hold the charge very well.

Thanks for your quick response. I bought the host just yesterday from diy-lasers.
I purchased the diodes from ebay a week ago. I had the aixiz modules for a bit.

:thanks::thanks:

That website looks sketchy as hell, with minivan transmissions and ghost detectors thrown in among lasers and diodes, pictures of which are stolen across entire web, with overlapping watermarks...

Next time grab your hosts from DealExtreme, diodes from here:
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/

Ok I will, thank you for your advice I will use it.
You have quite an awesome shop.I will definitely be contacting you for my next build if you don't mind to check out your
Heatsinks etc. Again thank you for being so responsive:thanks::thanks: