Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help With 18650 & Charger

Hi guys i have a new Laser and a charger but the sticker on the charger has the Tit pointing upwards BUT it also has the - pointing upwards next to the Tit and the + on the Bottom....
I tried charging the battery with the Tit facing downwards but the light never changed from RED to GREEN which i gather its supose too and this was on charge for 12 hours

I was scared to leave it any longer in case of an accident so i took it off charge but i'm still weary to which way to charge this battery its a 4200mAh E-TRUST 18650 battery

I HAVE TAKEN THESE PICTURES FROM THE INTERNET BUT THE BATTERY IS EXACT THE SAME,
AND THE CHARGER IS EXACT THE SAME BUT IT HAS THE + AND - BACK TO FRONT / UPSIDE DOWN
7I HAVE NO IDEA WHICH WAY TO CHARGE

Thank You For your Help & Sorry For Above Caps :)

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 289
  • charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 503

I have a couple of those and I put the flat end (minus) on the sliding part.
Looks like the label could be upside down.

That was my initial thought but STILL it doesnt rule out the fact the Tit is facing UP on the picture !
It may be upside down but the print is still wrong as it has the - next to the Tit you know what i mean

The picture/print you posted shows the base of the battery as -.
(which it is)
You can't see the symbol on the top part because it is blocked but there ain't much else it can be but a +.

biddy79uk said:
I HAVE TAKEN THESE PICTURES FROM THE INTERNET BUT THE BATTERY IS EXACT THE SAME,
AND THE CHARGER IS EXACT THE SAME BUT IT HAS THE + AND - BACK TO FRONT / UPSIDE DOWN

My charger is the same as the 1 i posted but mine has a picture with the + and - wrong way but the Tit is facing Upwards still but i have to charge it with the tit side down.

Also my battery is a E SMART 4200mAh 18650 which after 12 hours of charge with the tit facing DOWN still never turned the LED GREEN as if it was a full charge,

Attachments

• My Charger2.jpg
    My Charger2.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
Just flip the battery around for awhile and see what happens. It didn't work they way you did it so you have nothing to lose.
If it doesn't work you have bad charger or bad battery.

So now i'm getting advice on charging the battery backwards :p
Like i say if i charge it with the Tit facing Down the LED stays RED forever after 12 hours of charge,
Will it be harmfull if i charge it with the Tit facing UP for a few hours or will it kill the battery

I'm beginning to think you are a troll but since I have started the second bottle of wine and am just screwing around doing a few things We can fix this.
You have two choices:
1. Put battery in TITS UP
2. Put battery in TITS DOWN

If neither of these work you have either a:
1. BAD CHARGER or
2. BAD BATTERY

Try them both and it that doesn't work we can trouble shoot the charger and the battery.

now i'm trying it the other way lol we'll see by tomorrow :)
cheers for sticking around ha

Hi guys i have a new Laser and a charger but the sticker on the charger has the Tit pointing upwards BUT it also has the - pointing upwards next to the Tit and the + on the Bottom....
I tried charging the battery with the Tit facing downwards but the light never changed from RED to GREEN which i gather its supose too and this was on charge for 12 hours

I was scared to leave it any longer in case of an accident so i took it off charge but i'm still weary to which way to charge this battery its a 4200mAh E-TRUST 18650 battery

Thank You For your Help & Sorry For Above Caps :)

Do you have a multimeter? Try using one to find out?

If the reading is positive, the side with the red lead is positive.

If the reading is negative, the side with the black lead is positive.

Hope that helps. :D,
dragonizer

Well after another 18 hours of charge back to front ( TiT Side Up ) still no GREEN light arrived :(
I now wonder if the charger is a defect.

Dont get me wrong when i 1st got the laser and charged the battery with the TiT facing DOWN the Laser did light matches & burn electrical tape,
But whats saying it wouldn't of done that before i charged it ?

I thank all people who tried to help

Last edited:
Do you or do you not have a multimeter? And the thing is, I think the side with the "tit" is positive. They might put the label on wrongly. Always have a multimeter, it is very handy in many cases. :D

Do you only have the one battery? " E_TRUST" sounds like a generic cheepo chineese who knows what.
Get a good battery.
Dragonizer says it right. YOU NEED A METER.
Sounds like your laser is OK just a battery or charger problem.

China stuff can be trusted also. Example is TrustFire or UltraFire. Just be careful not to get the fake ones.

Throw the charger in the trash. I have had many of those and every one at some point tried to burn down my house. Look at the link in my sig for what they like to do. When I get one with a laser now I just throw them away. Buy an Nitecore intellicharger i4.
They work and wont try to burn down your house.
Ed

Throw the charger in the trash. I have had many of those and every one at some point tried to burn down my house. Look at the link in my sig for what they like to do. When I get one with a laser now I just throw them away. Buy an Nitecore intellicharger i4.
They work and wont try to burn down your house.
Ed

Yup that's right. Nitecore i4 V2 is very reliable. It have many features including reverse polarity protection. If the battery is place wrongly it will detect and will not charge.

Last edited: