Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help! What am I?? Please identify this monster Laser(?)

Got a nifty laser optical stage with a bunch of goodies on it, most of which I can't identify. 1st is what appears to be a very large diode with a large front window and 8 pins. 2nd is a 2" frosted glass disc with a stripe in the middle, top and bottom areas are pinkish. Lastly, a chrome assembly with a hole in the front and a pcb on the opposite. Looking into the hole shows a white round mass...maybe ceramic. The front of the hole shows signs of extreme heat radiating upward above the hole, as though it were the target of a beam. There is also a 3 piece mirror assembly with a floor and 2 adjoining walls on a 2 axis micrometer mount. Please identify the Diode, the 2" striped window, and the chrome 'target(?)'. I picked up the whole thing for $18 along with a RedLine XYP-1000 BeamScan laser controller and beam box (sans lasers) for $100. Hopefully it was a score, as I see the mounts costing an arm and a leg elsewhere on ebay. Any/all insight appreciated.

Attachments

• IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 123
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 117

HIMNL9

The diode looks identical to some quadrature photodiodes i had times ago (are 4 photodiodes on the same chip, and are normally used for alignment ..... if the beam is perfectly centered, all the 4 photodiodes have the same output, if the beam got displaced from center, the outputs changes proportionally)

About the rest of the optics, i'm not sure ..... can be an old alignment system for CNC machines, that use a laser beam for keep the part aligned, but mine is only an idea, about that ..... the more similar thing that i've seen, that resemble that assembly (but the one i had, was different, just resemble it), was a very old laserdisk reading system, when they was still using He-Ne lasers, instead diodes ..... no other ideas, sorry.

I can't really tell much from the pictures, can you make a few more sharp pictures if possible?
At least micrometer screws are nice to have, so $18 well spent I think.