Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help w/ wiikey

I want to buy a wii and install a wiikey, but I don't know shit about soldering! Whenever I try to tin, I end up with blobs of solder on the ground and a burnt tip. How do you solder?!

http://www.kingbass.com/soldering101.html

to be honest if you dont know how to solder i would send it to some 1. going rate for chip installs is 65$ tho.

o yeah and another thing is that to have a chip installed in the us it has to have a flashable bios(not sure if the wiikey does cuz im used to ps2 chips) not sure about other countries rules tho. got any friends that can solder?

also another thing...follow the link in my sig to acidmods.com. its a forum for modding consoles....

and another thing...u should be using 30awg kynar wire(single strand silver plated wire)

apparently the wiikey is a pos. my dad couldn't get it into my bro's wii and he's an electrical engineer! :-? I've heard similar stories as well... perhaps only some wii's work with it?

What does it even do? I remember seeing something like that on the DX site, but seeing no explanation on its purpose :-/

potatorage said:
So you're saying the DX clone is a fake? Or are all wiikeys shit?
um...what? official wiikeys are good chips from what ive heard. i have no experience with wii chips. ive had 2 ps2's with crystal chips installed and you can software hack a psp so... besides im a sony fanboy for their consoles. the only reason i got a 360 was to case mod it then i got cod4.....

p.s. socom:confrontation is due out about nov.