Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help to refocus my 405nm laser

Hi! I got a new Laser 303 100mW 405nm, works great and is very powerfull.

When I was putting the battery to recharge, I accidentally drop the laser head into the ground. The laser was fine and working perfectly, but the beam is now unfocused :mad:.

I observed the host searching for loose things, lens, housing but find nothing. Looking at it I can't find nothing that justify the unfocused beam.

Now I wanna refocus the laser but I can't see a non destructive way to do this.

The laser is pressfit and I can't disassembly it easy.

Some photos:

The laser in question:
P1380714.JPG

Inside the laser:
P1380722.JPG

Lens assembly (with a screw that I can't rotate):
P1380725.JPG

The unfocused laser beam:
P1380728.JPG

Gap needed to focus the laser:
P1380732.JPG

Anybody have any tips? Thanks! :san:

Nevermind! I destroyed my 405nm laser trying to open it!

After destroyed I seen that I only will need to remove the focusing head and adjust the lens!

:cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy:

Oh well, learn on that mistake, man :(

BTW yeah that is a focusable laser, which means that it's focal point can be changed at will by simply rotating the front crown of the laser.

That's just how it goes sometimes :/ Use the host for your next build, maybe?

This will hurt a lot, so you may not want to read down.

That looks like a half-threaded lens barrel with the black ribbed ring being the Focus Adapter that you use to focus the lens in and out. The black ring is pressed onto the half threaded lens barrel.

All you would have to do is focus it to your liking, and then push the black ring flush against the body without rotating it to "lock" that position, so that you can defocus by unscrewing, and then focus it back to a dot by screwing it all the way back in until it stops against the body.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/8484/40520glass20lens20d.jpg < the black ring is press-fitted onto the smooth part of the lens barrel

How badly was your laser destroyed? I'm sorry for your loss

Hi!

I broke my laser when I tried to rotate the driver, in order to unscrew the laser housing from the host, but the housing is a single piece of metal, when I twisted the driver, I destroyed the LD leads. I done this because my old green laser have the housing and the crystals in a screwable piece.

After this, I removed the focus adjust head and removed the lens, also I destroyed the lens trying to clean it with isopropanol 98.9%.

The driver is a boost driver with 167mA, and the LD is a 3.3mm type.

If I get a lens and a new compatible LD, i can reassembly the laser.

Yes, cheap! When I have enough money, I'll buy another, now I converted this host into a red laser! ;)

But for now, I'm looking for 445nm lasers.